Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

haunted arrows ?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Ghostmaker, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker Willamette valley Member

I lobbed an arrow at a 150 ft. distant target.... within 30ft. of the target, the arrow did a clockwise roll of about a five foot circle, whooshing as it rolled. It struck the desired target. An impossible, improbable, astronomical shot. I've heard of arrows flying point high or tail high and fishtailing because of nock mis-placement or rest issues, but this was something unbelievable to behold. Anyone ever witnessed something similar ?

2. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

Pictures or it never happened, That and I am not exactly sure what the arrow did in flight, are you saying it did a victory lap before it struck the target, a 180 tumble?

3. Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker Willamette valley Member

I mean it rolled like a fighter jet, which put it on target for a perfect strike, when other wise it was a sure miss..that implies "haunted", or " commandeered"..unless this is a documented phenomenon. Sorry, no video..gotta take my word. Even in this you tube world that can mean more than a video.

4. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

Cool - I always like hearing about stuff like that. Makes life much more interesting!

5. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

only thing I can think of is perhaps the arrow had a structural failure mid flight.. ie the tightly formed fibers came apart. I dont even know if thats possible given arrow construction but its my best guess.

6. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Laser guided.

7. old_heli_logger

old_heli_logger Hillsboro, Oregon Member

It sounds like you need a heavier broadhead or field point...