JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! Just found this section and have a question. I am getting back into airguns because my kids are at the right age. Starting them on the daisy pumps, but I picked up a Hatsan Edge for $50 on sale. Is this gun worth it? I would like to be accurate out more than a few feet, like 40-50 yards. Thanks!!

Generally speaking, budget priced spring powered airguns even with the correct pellet are not highly accurate shooting machines.
They're entry level. With entry level accuracy.
To be a highly, repeatably accurate spring gun at 50 yds, takes a top of line airgun with the correct pellet & a lot of practice.
I wish you well.

Generally speaking, budget priced spring powered airguns even with the correct pellet are not highly accurate shooting machines.
They're entry level. With entry level accuracy.
To be a highly, repeatably accurate spring gun at 50 yds, takes a top of line airgun with the correct pellet & a lot of practice.
I wish you well.

Thanks for the information. Is there a make/model you would suggest?

I'm sure you'll do fine with that Hatsan. Not sure if they can cock it, as break-barrels do tend to take some strength and size.

IMO, you got it at a good price, with some assumptions. :s0059:

@BSAshooter is probably right, I don't have much experience beyond 25-yards.

But for that at least, my #backyardplinking paper (and assuming the shooter can shoot it), a $150 break-barrel can still be impressive.

silentcattarget23jan2021d.jpg

IMO.... Unless you're willing to eventually "invest" in a pump, perhaps a tank, a compressor, and the excess gear (and inconvenience) that comes with PCPs, I'd stick with other types until you're sure. Me, after trying a few PCPs, I'm back to break-barrels. At least until I have something like 100-yards to work with. :)

IMO.... Unless you're willing to eventually "invest" in a pump, perhaps a tank, a compressor, and the excess gear (and inconvenience) that comes with PCPs, I'd stick with other types until you're sure. Me, after trying a few PCPs, I'm back to break-barrels. At least until I have something like 100-yards to work with. :)

Thanks! I guess a better question would have been which type of airgun would be accurate out to that distance. Anyway, I love plinking and will play around with this one to see how it shoots. Thanks again!

I'm gonna take a risk here and say; Based up what little I understand of your specifics, this is a good start when you get into PCPs.

Capture.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top