JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! Just found this section and have a question. I am getting back into airguns because my kids are at the right age. Starting them on the daisy pumps, but I picked up a Hatsan Edge for $50 on sale. Is this gun worth it? I would like to be accurate out more than a few feet, like 40-50 yards. Thanks!!

Generally speaking, budget priced spring powered airguns even with the correct pellet are not highly accurate shooting machines.
They're entry level. With entry level accuracy.
To be a highly, repeatably accurate spring gun at 50 yds, takes a top of line airgun with the correct pellet & a lot of practice.
I wish you well.

Generally speaking, budget priced spring powered airguns even with the correct pellet are not highly accurate shooting machines.
They're entry level. With entry level accuracy.
To be a highly, repeatably accurate spring gun at 50 yds, takes a top of line airgun with the correct pellet & a lot of practice.
I wish you well.

Thanks for the information. Is there a make/model you would suggest?

I'm sure you'll do fine with that Hatsan. Not sure if they can cock it, as break-barrels do tend to take some strength and size.

IMO, you got it at a good price, with some assumptions. :s0059:

@BSAshooter is probably right, I don't have much experience beyond 25-yards.

But for that at least, my #backyardplinking paper (and assuming the shooter can shoot it), a $150 break-barrel can still be impressive.

silentcattarget23jan2021d.jpg

IMO.... Unless you're willing to eventually "invest" in a pump, perhaps a tank, a compressor, and the excess gear (and inconvenience) that comes with PCPs, I'd stick with other types until you're sure. Me, after trying a few PCPs, I'm back to break-barrels. At least until I have something like 100-yards to work with. :)

IMO.... Unless you're willing to eventually "invest" in a pump, perhaps a tank, a compressor, and the excess gear (and inconvenience) that comes with PCPs, I'd stick with other types until you're sure. Me, after trying a few PCPs, I'm back to break-barrels. At least until I have something like 100-yards to work with. :)

Thanks! I guess a better question would have been which type of airgun would be accurate out to that distance. Anyway, I love plinking and will play around with this one to see how it shoots. Thanks again!

I'm gonna take a risk here and say; Based up what little I understand of your specifics, this is a good start when you get into PCPs.

Capture.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews