JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's my Harney County story from 40+ year ago:
That little road trip we took last year. I didn't desperately need anything, but yes, driving through these towns. We'd turn off the through road just to look at the houses, barns, what ever. People waved. We waved back. A guy in Condon that was sweeping up the flotsam of a little park thing buy the main drag. We needed the rest room. Ended up standing there in the morning sun shootin' the breeze with the guy. We had a pretty good grasp on his life story, as well as he ours, by the time we said good by and headed down the road. Learned a bunch about Condon too! I get an aire of peace and comfort when I get out this crap-hole. I don't have to get way away from it either!

Last Edited:
Harney County is full of all kinds of awesome! A large group might best be served camping, say in the Alvord desert or anywhere down to Denio on the Nevada border. Spend your bucks in Burns, Fields, and Denio. Tons of exploring the steep side of the Steens, hot springs everywhere, and plenty of places to shoot.

Do be aware that there are frequent cattle drives and make sure the Alvord is dry if you want to camp in or cross it. Also, don't be a deek head and be prepared for things to break down. It's the real world out there.

Harney County is full of all kinds of awesome! A large group might best be served camping, say in the Alvord desert or anywhere down to Denio on the Nevada border. Spend your bucks in Burns, Fields, and Denio. Tons of exploring the steep side of the Steens, hot springs everywhere, and plenty of places to shoot.

Do be aware that there are frequent cattle drives and make sure the Alvord is dry if you want to camp in or cross it. Also, don't be a deek head and be prepared for things to break down. It's the real world out there.
Just don't end up in Haney County

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR