JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you ever seen hunting shows on TV, depicting kids in shooting sports-national TV-I don't see the difference but I teach my grandkids not to put too much info on Facebook.

Personally I do not have a Face Book page. It is way to easy to provide to much personal information that anyone can see. Interactions on NWFA is the most activity that I do and I am able to hide behind my "Stage Name" for the site. Even with that I suppose there is someone out there that could dig enough to be able to connect the dots to glean some personal info.

I disagree with the notion that this guy brought it upon himself by posting the pic on Facebook. He is fully legal and in the right. The problem isn't with him posting pictures. The problem is with the rest of society that sits around demonizing firearms. I think ALL gun owners should post family gun pics on Facebook to try and sway public perception.!

It's the same concept as being "Politically Correct". You could be laughing an joking with someone and everything is taken in good humor BUT then you have a busy body who just happens to walk by and is offended by what is said. They turn you in even though the comments were never directed at them. They don't care and it's that easy for them to feel self righteous about turning you in to get you into trouble because THEY were offended.

It's this same concept with this photo as this guy found out. He took the picture, posted it without giving much thought to it. Someone was clearly offended, got their panty's in a wad and now they came after him. Now he has to prove that he is not a deviant parent who recklessly endangers his children.

The world we live in requires us to think and act defensively. I think it sucks to have to be so careful ALL of the time especially with highly sensitive, quick triggered topics. There is going to be some liberal goomba wanting to make a point at your expense.

You have heard about these computers and national databases that the authorities have ? They keep a record of premise history and activity at that address and complete information on EVERYONE involved ? Searchable about 20 different ways ?? Me, I prefer that as little of that information about me, my activities and my weapons is out there. But that is just me. Hate away, but those are my opinions. I respect yours, I just choose a different path of resistance.

If you believe all this then I have to ask,why would you be on a gun forum,stating what you have?
If they're "watching",and I believe they are,we all are in their focus.
I could care less too

As far as posting pics of the kids.........with or with out guns........there is a lot of debate on the subject however you look at it.
Lots of bad people steal pics of kids
I would prefer to keep my grand kid's pic off facebook all together

This discussion reminds me of the concealed vs open carry debate. Sure, you can open carry, get lots of attention and make people nervous, or you can conceal carry. The fact that not many folks open carry (in my area anyway) or post pics like the one in question here, makes people uncomfortable when they see it. There is nothing wrong with it but it has become unpopular to stir the pot. On the other hand, if we all open carried and posted pics of responsible gun ownership, this would be a non-issue.

This discussion reminds me of the concealed vs open carry debate. Sure, you can open carry, get lots of attention and make people nervous, or you can conceal carry. The fact that not many folks open carry (in my area anyway) or post pics like the one in question here, makes people uncomfortable when they see it. There is nothing wrong with it but it has become unpopular to stir the pot. On the other hand, if we all open carried and posted pics of responsible gun ownership, this would be a non-issue.

Agree 100%, the problem is getting enough people to do it, I am open to suggestions.

Seriously? Really? He didn't "invite" a damn thing by engaging in a 100% lawful activity. It's their goal to separate kids from guns at an early age. Hence the "zero tolerance" bullcrap at the political education camps schools nowadays. If my kids were still young I'd post the same type of pictures on the net as a protest. In fact when my grandkids visit I think I'll still do it. Any damn left wing pos thug better be on VERY solid legal ground before they come to my house or they're going to lose their shirts in a lawsuit.

It's people thinking along the lines of what you just posted that will eventually lose the country for the rest of us. Damn, maybe I shouldn't have posted this huh? Might get into trouble for advocating against the statist machine and all that. Inviting them to take a look at me, on their radar so-to-speak. Shameful....

I 100% agree with you

I remember when I was a wee lad, my dad liked taking pictures of me with the guns. I remember one photo of me on his couch with 10+ rifles and shotguns. It was a cool photo. I never thought it was a big deal and it was always cool to look at and talk about the guns with dad. Sorry to hear about the ordeal you went through.

I know a lawyer that works for cps. they most certainly need to exist. there are so many tweakers, dopers, oc addicts and just plain sadistic people out there putting their children in unthinkably awful situations.

sounds like they over reacted here. hopefully it will be a learning experience and there will be changes made to policy.

I know a lawyer that works for cps. they most certainly need to exist. there are so many tweakers, dopers, oc addicts and just plain sadistic people out there putting their children in unthinkably awful situations.

sounds like they over reacted here. hopefully it will be a learning experience and there will be changes made to policy.

CPS existed long before the ones you mentioned and and is a communist system of child kidnapping

Yeah, CPS is far too overreaching, seems to be a theme in government.

If we could discipline, or the schools could discipline the way they did when I was a kid, we would be better off for it.

All you have to do now is look cross eyed at a kid and you can get done for emotional abuse.

"It takes a village!" They can take the whole village and shove it. If MY child does wrong, there are consequences, just like real life. I believe in talking to my kids more than I was, but there comes a point when the time for talking is done.

ytazu8et.jpg

Evil has a way of creeping in under cover of darkness.....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top