JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.

ytazu8et.jpg

Showed up with the tactical gear

All over this picture

7a3u2uzu.jpg

That's a m&p-15 22

They never even saw the picture. It was all hear say. Just a phone call saying someone saw a pic of a child holding a gun.

I dont post pics of my guns on facebook. But this is just uncalled for. Hes holding a 22lr clone rifle. His trigger finger is on the reciever and is obviously educated. People can say whatever they want, but I wouldnt have a problem with this picture.

Gotta love how they come to his house with no warrant and demand he open the safe and let them verify all of his weapons are registered and legal. All over hearsay about a pic they never saw. The bonus was the DYFS official (Delaware chile protective services) refused to give a name or credentials and evaded having a photo taken as they didn't want to be identified. So they think the home owner is unreasonable for not complying to a violation of his rights but refuse to be identified as they don't want his attorney to file suit for rights violations.... sounds like too many people at cps back there have sampled the koolaid and tow the anti gun line.

You absolutely did the right thing! I think people who have dealt with cops before would have done the samething as you. And I think people who have never dealt with cops, would've caved in! Me, I've dealt with them since I was a teenager but not so much lately. Too old for that sh*t. IMHO I think you should have booted them immediately. No reason to be in your house at all. F**K'em! Now all you have to worry about is them "stalking" you, waiting for you to mess up! Be sure and educate your son on what happened and also educate him on the questionable procedures they ALL use! Nice Pic!!

You did good standing up to them, but posting a picture of your kid holding a gun on the internet ??? Really? and you are surprised that multiple government agencies show up?

By posting that picture you basically invited them in to look at your life. Think about what would have happened had you NOT posted that picture....probably nothing which in my opinion is the desired outcome. You are on the radar for good now.

I completely with teaching your kids gun safety , handling and use. But until they are adults of legal age and able to make an informed decision about what they do, then it is your responsibility to keep them out of the media, and teach them the negative consequences of such a public decision.

You can take pictures, but make sure they stay in your control at all times. Social media, or emailing those kinds of pictures to anybody carries an element of risk,and that even includes posting them on this site.

That is my opinion, if you want to tell me to go f myself, go ahead, but that is my message.

I don't entirely disagree with you, and I certainly won't tell you to go f yourself.

It is certainly true that discretion is often times called for in our current society, but think about what you saying, we have to curtail the exercising of our First Amendment rights, social interaction with our peers, and the chance to educate fellow members of society about the positive aspects of gun ownership; in order to avoid confrontations over our Fourth and Second Amendment rights.

Most gun owners are good contributing members of society, with careers and family's who depend on their livelihood. In this day and age, standing up for your rights (any of them) doesn't just put you at risk, it can lead to a loss of livelihood, expensive legal proceedings, and even your freedom, putting those who depend on you at risk as well, and that is a lot to ask of fathers and husbands.

On the other hand if none of us are willing to demonstrate what the responsible exercising of those rights looks like in a public way, like for instance via social media, then we will most assuredly loose them all.

So while I don't disagree with your sentiment, I also applaud anyone willing to demonstrate publicly what responsible firearm ownership looks like.

You did good standing up to them, but posting a picture of your kid holding a gun on the internet ??? Really? and you are surprised that multiple government agencies show up?

By posting that picture you basically invited them in to look at your life. Think about what would have happened had you NOT posted that picture....probably nothing which in my opinion is the desired outcome. You are on the radar for good now.

I completely with teaching your kids gun safety , handling and use. But until they are adults of legal age and able to make an informed decision about what they do, then it is your responsibility to keep them out of the media, and teach them the negative consequences of such a public decision.

You can take pictures, but make sure they stay in your control at all times. Social media, or emailing those kinds of pictures to anybody carries an element of risk,and that even includes posting them on this site.

That is my opinion, if you want to tell me to go f myself, go ahead, but that is my message.

Have you ever seen hunting shows on TV, depicting kids in shooting sports-national TV-I don't see the difference but I teach my grandkids not to put too much info on Facebook.

CPS should not exist as it is.. it is basically a child kidnapping service

Oh, there have been one or two legitimate cases over the years. But mostly you are correct.

I knew a guy who was a complete bubblegum up and high on drugs all the time... Last time I saw him, he had pawned off everything he had from those rent-to-own joints and they were after him, was being evicted the next day, and was sitting there with his wife totally tweaked out of their heads while the toddler sat around watching. Then he moved to Texas. Then he moved to Colorado, where CPS finally caught up with him and took the kid. I have no idea what sort of bubblegum he got into in TX or CO. Then he moved to Idaho and was having another kid...
I'd say in that case it was certainly better to get the kid out of there.

Wrong plain and simple. Shame on all those officers for doing that.

Were there no actual criminals to chase that day?

I just think to myself, somewhere, someone was robbing a minute mart with immunity while this family was being harassed.

Seriously? Really? He didn't "invite" a damn thing by engaging in a 100% lawful activity. It's theirgoal to separate kids from guns at an early age. Hence the "zero tolerance" bullcrap the education camps

Seriously? Really? He didn't "invite" a damn thing by engaging in a 100% lawful activity. It's their goal to separate kids from guns at an early age. Hence the "zero tolerance" bullcrap at the political education camps schools nowadays. If my kids were still young I'd post the same type of pictures on the net as a protest. In fact when my grandkids visit I think I'll still do it. Any damn left wing pos thug better be on VERY solid legal ground before they come to my house or they're going to lose their shirts in a lawsuit.

It's people thinking along the lines of what you just posted that will eventually lose the country for the rest of us. Damn, maybe I shouldn't have posted this huh? Might get into trouble for advocating against the statist machine and all that. Inviting them to take a look at me, on their radar so-to-speak. Shameful....

Have you ever seen hunting shows on TV, depicting kids in shooting sports-national TV-I don't see the difference

All the time. The difference is they are hunting shows on TV. This is a picture of a kid holding an AR clone on a social media site. . I see a huge difference, and a hugely different audience.

If my kids were still young I'd post the same type of pictures on the net as a protest. In fact when my grandkids visit I think I'll still do it.

And you would probably get the same reaction from the police, the DHS and whomever else wants to f with you. Might want to check with the kids parents to see if that is OK. I am not posting pictures of my grandkids holding AR clones. My choice.

It's people thinking along the lines of what you just posted that will eventually lose the country for the rest of us. Damn, maybe I shouldn't have posted this huh? Might get into trouble for advocating against the statist machine and all that. Inviting them to take a look at me, on their radar so-to-speak. Shameful....

Haters out big time today. Just because I choose not to post pictures of kids holding guns on social media websites, and IN MY FING OPINION say it is a bad idea, you think I can't stand up for my 2A rights ? or your 2A rights ? I just prefer not to poke a hornets nest with a stick just because I can, and then wonder why the hornets chase me.

I will save my ability to resist when it is needed, not because I threw up a huge sign saying, here I am , come and get me. The less contact you have with law and civil enforcement as far as weapons are concerned the better off you are, IN MY OPINION.

You have heard about these computers and national databases that the authorities have ? They keep a record of premise history and activity at that address and complete information on EVERYONE involved ? Searchable about 20 different ways ?? Me, I prefer that as little of that information about me, my activities and my weapons is out there. But that is just me. Hate away, but those are my opinions. I respect yours, I just choose a different path of resistance.

I disagree with the notion that this guy brought it upon himself by posting the pic on Facebook. He is fully legal and in the right. The problem isn't with him posting pictures. The problem is with the rest of society that sits around demonizing firearms. I think ALL gun owners should post family gun pics on Facebook to try and sway public perception.!

No haters out today. You posted and knew it was going to get attention "That is my opinion, if you want to tell me to go f myself, go ahead, but that is my message." and I respect that but now you're complaining about it?

MY MESSAGE is the more you let our 2A rights be marginalized by utter BS like that which was pulled on the guy referenced by the OP, the more of a fight it will be to keep these same rights. Anyone should be able to post a pic of their kids, with rifles at hunting camp, in the yard, etc, without the radical left wing thought police coming to their door! The day we are all afraid to get "attention" is the day we have already lost the fight. You can only hide and stay off the radar so long before you either fight or give up. The whole issue is no one should have to hide or stay off anyone's damnable "radar" ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top