JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's my Independence Day shirt that I always wear for this gracious occasion.

F490FFD3-FEEA-407B-900B-822C3FBFD9B5.jpeg

Awesome! Thanks for the "share". Beautiful & well played, I salute to all ya proud to be AMERICAN!!! :s0116::s0022:

Shot some freedom seeds yesterday, watched the kid go nuts getting candy at the Hillsboro parade, where Tina Kotek was BOO'D loudly when she walked past:s0114:. Eating a hotdog, bought some fireworks, gonna grill some bubblegum later. Had an alcoholic beverage, yes on special occasions I'll have some alcohol! America bubblegum ya!

On the memorial pillar set on Kohima Ridge, in commemoration of the men of the 14th Army who fought and died there, you may read this couplet...

'When you go home, tell them of us and say
For your tomorrow, we gave our today.'

Happy 4th knowing our fore fathers were willing to cross a frozen river to kill tyrants in their sleep to secure our freedoms. Let us not forget their sacrifices. To our Vietnam vets, welcome home. You are not forgotten.
(I'm a Halo fan, so I used a Halo themed pic that uses the famous painting that depicts the crossing of the Delaware River during the American Revolution.)

image000000(1).jpg

The USA, metric since 1792. :)

In 1785, the Continental Congress met in New York and on 6 July the dollar was established as the official currency of the new United States of America.
The Congress decided it would be a decimal system with 100 cents to a dollar. But disagreements among the members of Congress - which even then was divided about the extent to which the federal government should dictate to the individual states - meant that it wasn't until 1792 that a mint was established in America.

And it was another 70 years - 1862, in the middle of the Civil War - before the US Treasury was able to print dollar bills - black on the front, green on the back, so coloured because of the chemicals used to prevent counterfeiting. And so the dollar (or greenback) as we know it today came into being.

"Hurrah!" for all the many NWFA veterans who put their lives on the line that the nation might live!

:s0067:

Carol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top