JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About Us
A friend and I started a business producing kitchen knives in August of 2014 called Rose City Knifeworks. We're a Portland based smithy and our main business comes from custom orders. Last month my partner decided to bang out a bunch of "field knives" for fun and hit up the Collector's West show to see if anyone was interested. We had pretty good interest in some of our knives, got a few custom orders, and received a ton of good feedback.

So we made some more knives based on some of the feedback and we'd like to gauge people's interest in our work.

About the Knives
The blades are all made with 1084 carbon steel, cut, ground, and heat treated. The blades are all ground thin under a water flood with very thin points. This results in a blade that is both very thin, very sharp, and holds its edge very well. It also means the knife itself is quite a bit lighter than it looks. The Rockwell hardness varies between 59 and 61 (see chart below).

Each knife is wrapped in cotton cord that has been impregnated and permanently sealed with water-based acrylic resin. This means the handles are permanently attached and cannot be unwrapped but are water resistant and protective.

Generally, the reaction we saw from show goers was surprise when they ran their thumbs across the edge of these blades. Using these knives for the first time feels a bit dangerous and when I first started using them I was probably far more conscious of my fingers than I am with most knives.

And having said that, these are not the old-school knife-slash-prybar style field knives. They are thin with thin points and are specialized for cutting, not prying. Also, because they are carbon steel they require maintenance like any other carbon steel knife.

Payment and Shipping
I will try to pay attention to this thread and watch my PMs but if you want to catch me, email me at [email protected] as that's the fastest way to get to me.

I can take Paypal or you can use our <broken link removed> if you prefer. Either one is fine.

We ship free to the US.

Feedback Please
We're also looking for feedback. We're experimenting and we'd like to know what people think. Any feedback is welcome.

The Knives
QRQZBIQ.png

Two of the kiridashi sold before I could put this post up but I wanted you guys to see them because we can make more. In fact, if anything else sells and you're interested we can produce more of them same.

If you're looking for anything custom, contact me at [email protected] and we can discuss.

Click the image for a large view, they're hosted on Imgur at full resolution.

6XdV91Bm.jpg

bovtxmVm.jpg

jWJ0TrIm.jpg

QZJe2Wcm.jpg

Fdazb2Wm.jpg
swZxSQim.jpg

fnE6rZLm.jpg
DoDSWZtm.jpg

uh5ihdBm.jpg
nXIYmHim.jpg

AfJkvujm.jpg

nB26cNym.jpg

V6ek7qqm.jpg

GvAQahGm.jpg

hY83fVRm.jpg

Zk5I72Im.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top