JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just wondering if this observation is correct or not. The prices for handguns seems to drop off dramatically during the winter months.

True or False?
Not so sure about that because I've had three different gun shop proprietors make the comment, "everything sells eventually, and Sep-March is the time they sell the most handguns." Maybe because of holiday sales?

People get a bit more cash maybe from Holiday bonus, extra OT money from holiday closures for some manufacturers like Boeing, and the tax return thing.

In my experience having bought and sold a couple dozen handguns over the years, Spring/Summer is a lousy time of year to sell a handgun...my two cents...not counting 2020 :cool:

Not so sure about that because I've had three different gun shop proprietors make the comment, "everything sells eventually, and Sep-March is the time they sell the most handguns." Maybe because of holiday sales?

People get a bit more cash maybe from Holiday bonus, extra OT money from holiday closures for some manufacturers like Boeing, and the tax return thing.

In my experience having bought and sold a couple dozen handguns over the years, Spring/Summer is a lousy time of year to sell a handgun...my two cents...not counting 2020 :cool:

This has been my experience as well. I also suspect that in the summer folks are spending discretionary income on vacation, or summer projects on their house/business/truck, etc.

To me, the value in a gun is in it's ownership. Not it's resale value. I plan of shooting them forever and then passing them on down to my boys. If I want a gun today I try to get the best deal I can today, not wait to save a buck or to when they go on sale.

I don't disagree with "everything will sell eventually". I just think that there's always the right time to buy and the wrong time to buy. For example:

1. You don't want to go shopping for a house in the summer :)
2. When is the best time to shop on Amazon
3. When is the right time of the year to buy a car
4. When you should start your shopping for Christmas
5. You don't want to travel during summer because prices are through the roof
6. etc...

So my thesis is that handguns (not rifles) I think in the winter months is the best time to buy. Looking for suggestions, comments, confirmations from others to be sure. There's always an exception like covid-19 etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top