JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
my son moved to co. about 18 months ago --he didn't have his ccp/chl yet,so he planned on taking class in co. as he started to check into this -- time had lapsed ,(moving,home school,and new job) this last wk. he got back into it again and was informed that the laws of co. had changed-- now from what he tells me --this is "post" arizona shooting--i pulled it up on internet , and this is what law reads now (notice gun in car situation)

CARRYING:

•It is unlawful to carry a firearm concealed on or about one's person without a permit, except for a person in their dwelling, place of business, or on property owned or controlled by him or her.
•A permit is not required to carry a handgun where carrying firearms is legal, if the handgun is not concealed.

•A handgun is not considered concealed if it is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance who is carrying it for a legal use, or the handgun is in the possession of a person who is legally engaged in hunting activities within the state.
•Exempt from the requirement of a permit to carry a concealed handgun are peace officers (active and retired) of Colorado, probation officers, law enforcement officers employed by jurisdiction outside the state, so long as the employing jurisdiction exempts peace officers employed by jurisdictions within Colorado from any concealed weapons laws in effect in those jurisdictions.

steven

it's basicly talking about con. carry while in auto w/o a con. permit---take notice of item # 3 --you can have handgun in vehicle, and it doesn't have to be locked in trunk or anywhere else (without a con. permit) oregon law at the moment states that it better be in plain site --- dash,laying open on seat,and some laws state it has to be seperate from mags and ammo--a lotta different iffies here and no mags or loaded-NATTA--
the law now in co. lets you have the freedom to conceal a weapon while in your vehical

he!! --i'm hoping i'm getten this all right......steven

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top