JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could if I shimmed a mag, but I'm in WA and there is no capacity limits for us;). (30 round mags of 300blk!!! :s0010::D)

The whole border thing is pretty confusing.
So lucky. Kind of wish we could do that too. But, it does give me the excuse to buy new guns every now and then...you know, for hunting...

The way this is written is very confusing. The way I read it they are talking about a firearm prohibition. The way they interpret it is a hunt prohibition. I believe their intent is control the possibility someone would be poaching deer.

Simple---they want your money for the bear tag, but really they don't want you hunting them---they just want your money. More from your wallet and less opportunity---you can't hunt bears during deer or elk seasons unless you have the deer or elk tags in your pocket. Of course to get the deer or elk tags first you have to buy a license, then you have to pay more to apply for a tag, and if you don't happen to draw a tag, no bear hunting during deer or elk seasons=less opportunity. In the big picture---you are guilty of poaching anytime you leave your rig with a gun in your hands unless you have a deer or elk tag.
Sill on my personal boycott and until Brown gets flushed down, I don't see anything changing. Heck after all, someone has to pay for PERS----why not get some more out of the hunters.

Last Edited:
Simple---they want your money for the bear tag, but really they don't want you hunting them---they just want your money. More from your wallet and less opportunity---you can't hunt bears during deer or elk seasons unless you have the deer or elk tags in your pocket. Of course to get the deer or elk tags first you have to buy a license, then you have to pay more to apply for a tag, and if you don't happen to draw a tag, no bear hunting during deer or elk seasons=less opportunity.

It's so nice to live in WA. I just pay about $100 and get deer, elk, bear, cougar and small game at any point I want to buy them.

Y'all got the short straw when it comes to tags.

WDFW in many ways is superior in operation than ODFW. You guys have better hatcheru plantings, actual warm water fish stocking, varied trout species, and generally better seasons. ODFW regs are written by kaw skoool flunkies who don't seem to hunt or fish and who only care about raking in as much $$$ as possible and spending as little as allowable to promote opportunity and biodiversity...

I still believe the statute and regulation mean exactly what they say and prohibit the carrying of a centerfire rifle or muzzleloader rifle during a controlled hunt. I can not prove it but my take is the OSP enforcement officers have taken in on themselves to broaden the meaning to include any firearm during a controlled hunt. The OSP's intent is to falsely prohibit anyone from having any firearm in the field during a controlled hunt with which they could shoot a deer or elk if they do not have a tag for that hunt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top