JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After doing a quick [Google] search there are many sites, and YouTube videos. It actually looks like it would be fun to do. And, once you get everything setup, you could do other peoples' and make a little extra $$$ on the side. :)

After doing a quick [Google] search there are many sites, and YouTube videos. It actually looks like it would be fun to do. And, once you get everything setup, you could do other peoples' and make a little extra $$$ on the side. :)

Would be cheaper and easier to get an FFL and contract with an existing shop that does paintball guns and use their equipment or oversee them do it.

Honestly I don't see it being a large market.

Mainly it can produce some very vivid colors and changes in colors but it would be way easier to use one of the many coating options already out there for traditional colors (even those are starting to have some out there colors so it would be a mute point sooner or later).

IMO

May not be a large market, but there is a market. It appears that no one does it. :)

Right now, how much time and effort has gone into trying to find someone? You could have run to a couple of different stores by now and purchased all the items for less than $50? (minus the battery charger) Maybe even closer to $20???

A nice indoor project for this rainy weather we've been having. ;) :D

May not be a large market, but there is a market. It appears that no one does it. :)

Right now, how much time and effort has gone into trying to find someone? You could have run to a couple of different stores by now and purchased all the items for less than $50? (minus the battery charger) Maybe even closer to $20???

A nice indoor project for this rainy weather we've been having. ;) :D

Having run a paintball areana years and years and years ago - just like with any painting of anything, there is a steep learning curve between ok and excellent. If you have the funds and time to get good at it you may be on to a gold mine.

Tried backyard anodizing back in college, didn't have any luck getting any good color. Got a little, but no deep colors you see on professional anodizing. We did it extremely cheap, so maybe we didn't have the right equipment. Just one data point for you, it may be harder than it looks on the internet!

Call a paintball gun place.

All of those guns are aluminum and they regularly place custom orders.

Got out of it years ago but can't imagine it's changed any...

The FFL part might be the kicker though depending on what you want and what they are willing to do.
Jesus, Joe.. might as well a said to just smear Vaseline on his Mr. Mgoo glasses.
wtf?
lol

I had my serialized parts Cerakoted by a non-FFL business. I did not transfer the parts to them even though they had them couple of weeks

If a person got good at anodizing and was able to retain the owner/possessor of said serialized firearm during the process, no ffl would be needed. A proper anodizing wouldn't take more than a couple hours to do. Share a 6 pack and watch a ball game or race and enjoy the hobby.

That one went over my head... I know Mr. Mgoo and Vaseline but never used them in the same sentence :p

My throw/read on "a paintball gun place". And saying that someone is/might be "blinded" by their glasses..
it was a joke

C'mon.... quit being nice. You essentially said (very colorfully) that Joe's post was of little to no use in solving the OP's question... :rolleyes:

:s0091:

Y'know.... I may just sticky a Rosetta Stone for Certaindeafese translations, since I appear to be the only one who understands him... usually.

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads