Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HAHA The Hi cap magazine bill fails

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Flyingswords, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Flyingswords

Flyingswords Texas Active Member

LOL those two nutcase Senators that tried to sneak in the high cap magazine ban bill in with the Cyber Security Bill just got facerolled when the Cyber Security Bill did not pass the senate with too few votes. A victory for us gun owners and gun rights activitists. And a kick in the nuts for gun control ppl.

Senate fails to approve cybersecurity legislation - Yahoo! News

:thumbup::bluelaugh::winkkiss::cool::D

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Not trying to rain on your parade here (and I am glad the bill didn't pass), but I saw nothing in the article about the bill not passing because of the high cap mag ban amendment that Schumer, McCarty, Feintstein, et. al. attached to the bill.

Am I smokin' dope here?

3. Flyingswords

They piggybacked the hi cap ban in with that bill.

4. Cougfan2

I understand that, but the article mentioned nothing about that having anything to do with why the bill got scuttled. That was the point I was trying to make. Once again, I'm glad it got scuttled, but the high cap mag ban didn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Just sayin'.

5. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Cougfan2, I don't think he was saying it did have anything to do with it. Am I reading his initial post incorrectly?

6. Flyingswords

Unless Im mistaken if 2 bills are introduced together in one submission and 1 doesnt pass due to low votes/etc, the other doesnt pass as well if its piggybacked onto the one that didnt pass.

7. Nutty4Guns

I believe you are correct. I think Cougfan2 just read your statement incorrectly. He thought you were saying the cybersecurity bill didn't pass because of the added high cap ban. I have read and reread your post and don't see what he is seeing. Maybe it's just me?

8. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

I understand what you're both saying, but I'm staying out of it......... :swordfight:

9. Flyingswords

Yeah Nutty thats what got to me. Im guessing that since the Dems control the Senate by fewer than 5 seats its pretty much evenly split. Since Repubs are pro gun rights and they knew about the hi cap mag ban was coupled with the security bill they voted no against the security bill.

10. Nutty4Guns

Anyway, I'm glad it failed too. At least, for now. I'm sure they already have a plan B in the works.

11. Flyingswords

Most likely yeah. Im guessing it will come after the elections if the players who intro'd the ban bill dont lose anymore fellow dems for voting yes

12. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

It didn't fail to pass. It failed to get an early vote before the adjournment until September. However, what this article doesn't say is that they DIDN'T adjourn because, that also failed to get the correct amount of votes. So Congress is still in session and is required by law to meet at minimum once every three days until they vote for adjournment. This bill is far from dead.

13. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

If that is the case then vigilance is called for. The6 call themselves "honorable gentleman" but those elected officials are neither honorable nor gentlemen (or ladies). They are shifty, sneaky scum that will sneak things through on late night holiday votes when no one is paying attention.
    (Isn't that how the Federal Reserve bill went through?)

14. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If Con is the opposite of Pro is Congress the opposite of Progress?

Kaniffy117 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

You have to wonder in an election year, if those two clowns played smoke an mirrors a bit on thier constituency? Maybe they knew the bill was not going to go the distance so they stuffed this on the back of it, that way they can say to thier constituents that they tried.. Makes them the hero for doing nothing productive...

16. Cougfan2

This! ^

17. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

These time wasting morons and others like them will keep trying. Not out of conviction but for the political fuel.

18. SnackCracker

SnackCracker Lake oswego, OR Member

The cyber security bill was a dead bill long before they attached the hi cap magazine addendum. But now they can say they "tried" to do something and point the finger at the Repubs. Everyone knows if they introduced the hi cap magazine bill on its own, it would get shot down too.

Why would they want to want to attach it (hi cap) to a bill they can get passed (without the hi cap) and risk not passing a bill that is already a sure win? They throw this stuff onto "hail mary" bills and hope for the best, but know full well it isn't going anywhere.

19. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And that is why Obummer made some illegal appointments during the session, but claimed they were adjourned so he went ahead with them anyway.