JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not trying to rain on your parade here (and I am glad the bill didn't pass), but I saw nothing in the article about the bill not passing because of the high cap mag ban amendment that Schumer, McCarty, Feintstein, et. al. attached to the bill.

Am I smokin' dope here?

They piggybacked the hi cap ban in with that bill.

I understand that, but the article mentioned nothing about that having anything to do with why the bill got scuttled. That was the point I was trying to make. Once again, I'm glad it got scuttled, but the high cap mag ban didn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Just sayin'.

I understand that, but the article mentioned nothing about that having anything to do with why the bill got scuttled. That was the point I was trying to make. Once again, I'm glad it got scuttled, but the high cap mag ban didn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Just sayin'.

Cougfan2, I don't think he was saying it did have anything to do with it. Am I reading his initial post incorrectly?

Unless Im mistaken if 2 bills are introduced together in one submission and 1 doesnt pass due to low votes/etc, the other doesnt pass as well if its piggybacked onto the one that didnt pass.

Unless Im mistaken if 2 bills are introduced together in one submission and 1 doesnt pass due to low votes/etc, the other doesnt pass as well if its piggybacked onto the one that didnt pass.

I believe you are correct. I think Cougfan2 just read your statement incorrectly. He thought you were saying the cybersecurity bill didn't pass because of the added high cap ban. I have read and reread your post and don't see what he is seeing. Maybe it's just me?

Yeah Nutty thats what got to me. Im guessing that since the Dems control the Senate by fewer than 5 seats its pretty much evenly split. Since Repubs are pro gun rights and they knew about the hi cap mag ban was coupled with the security bill they voted no against the security bill.

Most likely yeah. Im guessing it will come after the elections if the players who intro'd the ban bill dont lose anymore fellow dems for voting yes

It didn't fail to pass. It failed to get an early vote before the adjournment until September. However, what this article doesn't say is that they DIDN'T adjourn because, that also failed to get the correct amount of votes. So Congress is still in session and is required by law to meet at minimum once every three days until they vote for adjournment. This bill is far from dead.

It didn't fail to pass. It failed to get an early vote before the adjournment until September. However, what this article doesn't say is that they DIDN'T adjourn because, that also failed to get the correct amount of votes. So Congress is still in session and is required by law to meet at minimum once every three days until they vote for adjournment. This bill is far from dead.

If that is the case then vigilance is called for. The6 call themselves "honorable gentleman" but those elected officials are neither honorable nor gentlemen (or ladies). They are shifty, sneaky scum that will sneak things through on late night holiday votes when no one is paying attention.
(Isn't that how the Federal Reserve bill went through?)

You have to wonder in an election year, if those two clowns played smoke an mirrors a bit on thier constituency? Maybe they knew the bill was not going to go the distance so they stuffed this on the back of it, that way they can say to thier constituents that they tried.. Makes them the hero for doing nothing productive...

You have to wonder in an election year, if those two clowns played smoke an mirrors a bit on thier constituency? Maybe they knew the bill was not going to go the distance so they stuffed this on the back of it, that way they can say to thier constituents that they tried.. Makes them the hero for doing nothing productive...

This! ^

The cyber security bill was a dead bill long before they attached the hi cap magazine addendum. But now they can say they "tried" to do something and point the finger at the Repubs. Everyone knows if they introduced the hi cap magazine bill on its own, it would get shot down too.

Why would they want to want to attach it (hi cap) to a bill they can get passed (without the hi cap) and risk not passing a bill that is already a sure win? They throw this stuff onto "hail mary" bills and hope for the best, but know full well it isn't going anywhere.

And that is why Obummer made some illegal appointments during the session, but claimed they were adjourned so he went ahead with them anyway.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top