JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You certainly have my attention. I've been curious about this exact question myself.
Caught me on my phone, good timing.

Ran great, literally no issues and extremely accurate. I probably won't run a ton through it though. The gun is solid but at the end of the day it's a top-break.

Now I can carry it :s0060:

Waaaaaaaay-back, the first of these modern H&R .38's I saw was at Meier and Frank, downtown. I wanted one, but couldn't afford it. Then after the Army, when GI Joe's still sold handguns, I finally bought one of these revolvers, the newer version with Walnut grips.

It operated okay, but the point of impact was so far away from the most extreme adjustment of the sights, I took it back to G.I. Joe's for a full $79.99 refund.

th-490112526.jpg

Last Edited:
Waaaaaaaay-back, the first of these I saw was at Meier and Frank, downtown. I wanted one, but couldn't afford it. Then after the Army, when GI Joe's still sold handguns, I finally bought one of these revolvers.

It operated okay, but the point of impact was so far away from the most extreme adjustment of the sights, I took it back to G.I. Joe's for a full $79.99 refund.
That's crazy. I have 2 (2" and 4") and they hit exactly where I aim them

Thanks. I'm well aware of the inconsistency of H&R's quality.

On the 4-in model that I have you can see the imprint of the branding on the inside of the barrel because they stamped it so hard.
And in appearance, mine was perfect. I suspect the latch point was set a bit high.

Caught me on my phone, good timing.

Ran great, literally no issues and extremely accurate. I probably won't run a ton through it though. The gun is solid but at the end of the day it's a top-break.

Now I can carry it :s0060:
Fabulous. I just found a good looking one in a pawn shop with original box and snatched it up.

I almost certainly won't be carrying it (although I certainly COULD!), but would be very interested to hear what holster options you come up with. It's an odd shape, sharp edges, etc.

Fabulous. I just found a good looking one in a pawn shop with original box and snatched it up.

I almost certainly won't be carrying it (although I certainly COULD!), but would be very interested to hear what holster options you come up with. It's an odd shape, sharp edges, etc.
Im crazy, it is what it is.

I actually found that Ruger SP-101 holsters (leather) fit. Just needed a bit of break in.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads