JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey,
Last Fall I picked up a brand-new Taurus PT145. Before I could even shoot it, the built-in Taurus safety thingee broke. I think I may have fixed it so that it will fire, but I want to find a gunsmith in my area to take a look at it before trying that. And yes, I know I could ship it to Taurus to get fixed, but that would take a while and cost a bunch in shipping.
So..... Anyone know any good gunsmiths in the central coast (Newport/Lincoln City) or Corvallis area?
Thanks!
Whatzhizname

I'll withhold my opinions about locks and taurii in general, but as I understand it -- Taurus is one of the best about returns and repairs. Call them up and they should take it in to fix regardless if you're the original owner.

Also there is a place on the road between albany and lebanon that does a lot of work. Can't vouch for the work since I havent had anything done there, but they're friendly. Rangemasters or something I think

Does anyone do blue work anymore? the place i normally go only seems to work on modern guns. I got an old one that needs a little help looking good again. I've heard about Rangemasters, but I can't seem to hit him while he's open. Anyone got some info for me?

Rangemasters is usually open Friday and Saturday (I believe he closes the shop on Wed & Thurs in order to do his gunsmithing). Nice guy and did a great job installing sights on a 45 for me. He is now located just east of Covallis - corner of Hwy 34 and Merloy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top