JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I can't remember the guys name, but DO NOT go the gunsmith off River Rd, River loop 1 IIRC. He not only cut the front dovetail on my 1911 crooked, but instead of deepening the rear dovetail, he milled down the rear sight. HUH?

Huh. Interesting. I believe his name was James Felton. He did a decent job on my shotgut barrel, however it did end up about .25" shorter than my mag extension once I got it installed. :( I'd say its probably 18.25" rather than 18.5". I won't be going back to him, and haven't recommended him. After hearing this I'm glad I didn't take anything more complicated to him.

People lets keep it civil. Lets stop the name calling. Some of us really appreciate sites like this for legit information from fellow enthusiast. I read this thread because I too would like to find a gunsmith and what I found was a feud. This is not helpful.

I am wanting to have night sights put on my EAA Witness. The front sight is part of the slide. Anyone know someone that has done similar work that was done well?

Huh. Interesting. I believe his name was James Felton. He did a decent job on my shotgut barrel, however it did end up about .25" shorter than my mag extension once I got it installed. :( I'd say its probably 18.25" rather than 18.5". I won't be going back to him, and haven't recommended him. After hearing this I'm glad I didn't take anything more complicated to him.

No, Jim is off of Royal Ave.

The insulting "ps" in this message tells me all I need know about the sender. Attacks on person's intelligence or education are a tool of those without facts. I find such attacks unwelcome and destructive.

Very entertaining for sure but yeah, let's keep it civil and professional.

I too am looking for a good gunsmith near Eugene. I am looking to have my Remington 7mm Mag re-blue'd and retrofited for a clip feed. I have already been in touch with Willamette Valley Gunsmithing but am trying to do the goodboy thing and check around before I get the work done.

Any suggestions for getting this work done??

From my time in the area- I'd venture outside Eugene. From word of mouth (not Joe Schmo, from Manufacturers in the area) and first hand there's really no one I'd go to for any real gunsmithing that I couldn't complete myself.

but depending on what you need done there are alot of knowledgeable people in the area!

I would be extremely cautious in dealing with Willamette Vally GS. Check around town to see if ANY gun store would recommend them, I have and I have yet to find one that would. From personal experience with this operation, I can understand why they don't.

They may be decent at gunsmithing but you have to get past a lot of attitude. I and the employee I dealt with decided it was best for all concerned if I went elsewhere. Additionally, I would be concerned if there was a problem with the weapon afterwards in attempting to try get them to back their work.

I don't know about attitude perse, but what turned me away was their unwillingness to do sight cuts unless they also do sight install. Nice way to try to charge more is how it comes across as the customer, especially when a) You already have said sights and can install on own and b) No reason to have installed, to drift back out to do more work to slide/frame and reinstall.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads