JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I can't remember the guys name, but DO NOT go the gunsmith off River Rd, River loop 1 IIRC. He not only cut the front dovetail on my 1911 crooked, but instead of deepening the rear dovetail, he milled down the rear sight. HUH?

Thank you both. Still waiting for parts to arrive via USPS. Ordered a hammer shroud for my S&W Model #37. I'm looking for someone to install it at a reasonable price.

Last Edited:
Have not seen him yet. The parts were delayed because the supplier was waiting on some screws.
Thanks for asking. Will keep you updated.

I would be extremely cautious in dealing with Willamette Vally GS. Check around town to see if ANY gun store would recommend them, I have and I have yet to find one that would. From personal experience with this operation, I can understand why they don't.

They may be decent at gunsmithing but you have to get past a lot of attitude. I and the employee I dealt with decided it was best for all concerned if I went elsewhere. Additionally, I would be concerned if there was a problem with the weapon afterwards in attempting to try get them to back their work.

gun pro in springfield endorses WVGS. so does mazama sporting goods. Never had a bad experiance there, neither has any of my friends that have went there. if you are talking about the shop in veneta. along with quite a few local soldiers I know.

gun pro in springfield endorses WVGS. so does mazama sporting goods. Never had a bad experiance there, neither has any of my friends that have went there. if you are talking about the shop in veneta. along with quite a few local soldiers I know.

You are incorrect about one of the establishments you named endorsing WVGS, or at least the two employees I talked with. I think the exact quote was "I wouldn't refer my ex-wife to them". Don't know about the other one endorsing or not. I won't name the shop here so as not to front them off.

Willamette Valley Gunsmithing's website is on Mazama's website; when you scroll to " Professional Gunsmithing Services Recommended " click it, it takes you to our website

Gun Pro has us linked on theirs also. So, both those gunshops have us on their websites with direct links, so yeah, that's a recommendation that is clear and valid for all to see.

Randy at Baker's recommends us, as do Steve Huey, Bear and Robin at the Baron's Den, Marv Loy the owner of SM Gunshop ,I've done work for him for over 20yrs.

Interesting your only two posts on this board/forum are bashing us.

So, our website is on the shops you "claim" to have negative hear say from......? Guess I'll copy this and show it to them when I'm picking up and dropping off work :s0114:

Then again, no real name..only a screen name :s0131:

Sincerely, WVG
Willamette Valley Gunsmithing Company

I have personally seen a LOT of work WVG has done, and talked to a lot of people who have had them do work. Sounds like they do a great job, and do it in a timely manner. What more could you ask for?

Sorry if you took my response to another person's question as bashing you. My comment was merely a response/suggestion to that question. A relaying, if you will, of actual, direct experience with your operation and what two gun shop employees told me at one of the several Eugene/Springfield area gun stores I frequent. The other establishments I visit did not recommend your establishment when I asked for a "competent" gunsmith in the area.

So indeed, perhaps the owners of a couple have you listed on their website along with several other "smiths" in the area (perhaps for a fee), but the counter folks at one were, shall we say, less than enthusiastic.

Well either way you are wrong with your responce. Like anything you should shop around. as far as someones opion goes , It doesnt sound like your friends are based on fact. and if you have any legit examples of poor C. S. or craftmanship. lets here it. I as well as folks I know are nothing short of pleased with all aspects of WVG. so in short put up or shut up. dont mean to be offensive. but what exactly are your first had facts not hear say.

Well either way you are wrong with your responce. Like anything you should shop around. as far as someones opion goes , It doesnt sound like your friends are based on fact. and if you have any legit examples of poor C. S. or craftmanship. lets here it. I as well as folks I know are nothing short of pleased with all aspects of WVG. so in short put up or shut up. dont mean to be offensive. but what exactly are your first had facts not hear say.

As far as "opion" [sic] goes and your desire to “here” [sic] facts, I offer the following - the comment made to me about WVG wasn't my "friends" [sic] comment. It was made by two employees of a reputable local gun dealer.

As you should note, and I will point out again, I never asserted that WVG did poor “craftmanship” [sic], I was merely pointing out that I wouldn't return there based on my own personal experience with them. I also provided a comment made by a reputable area gun dealer's staff, a comment that confirmed my own feelings. That comment came from people I had not met prior to my initial contact with them regarding a need for some repair work.

It absolutely “doesnt” [sic] matter to me if you think I am wrong. Like other things, we all have opinions, and you obviously have yours.

ps - did you go to school as your above took a moment to sort out?

You are incorrect about one of the establishments you named endorsing WVGS, or at least the two employees I talked with. I think the exact quote was "I wouldn't refer my ex-wife to them". Don't know about the other one endorsing or not. I won't name the shop here so as not to front them off.

You made the "claim" one of these two establishments does not endorse us; both of them do on their websites, so you word is not looking to "established" shall we say :s0114:

Your writing style helped me remember you; lets me know my "drama baby" radar settings are still spot on ;)

The worst you can say on your actual encounter is I turned you away from here. You need to man up and quit being so butthurt. Learn that your behavior will not always be tolerated by every one. When you come into a gunsmithing shop bragging about your expert gunsmithing abilities and the firearm is a wreck, it's kinda like going to a master mechanic with you car on the wrecker, telling him what a great mechanic you are :s0155:

The only "claim" you can make is we turned you away. You writing style made me remember you. It does let me know that my "drama baby" radar settings are still adjusted very well ;)

You made the "claim" one of these two establishments does not endorse us; both of them do on their websites, so you word is not looking to "established" shall we say :s0114:

Your writing style helped me remember you; lets me know my "drama baby" radar settings are still spot on ;)

The worst you can say on your actual encounter is I turned you away from here. You need to man up and quit being so butthurt. Learn that your behavior will not always be tolerated by every one. When you come into a gunsmithing shop bragging about your expert gunsmithing abilities and the firearm is a wreck, it's kinda like going to a master mechanic with you car on the wrecker, telling him what a great mechanic you are :s0155:

The only "claim" you can make is we turned you away. You writing style made me remember you. It does let me know that my "drama baby" radar settings are still adjusted very well ;)

Wow, look who’s all butthurt and has their true attitude showing. I was only responding to someone's question and you get your panties all in a wad.

I'm not claiming anything. I am relaying what employees of a particular establishment told me and sure, perhaps a store’s website provides a link to your operation. Many websites provide links, usually for a price, or perhaps in reciprocation if someone builds the website for them. If you are so sure you know who I am, then you should remember that I bragged about nothing, nor had I touched the weapon in question, it being new. I was merely looking for some expert craftsmanship (not repair work) and I got a nothing but a truck load of attitude.

So folks, this is what you can expect.

I’m done with this thread, regardless of how many of your employees come on here and try to build y’all up.

Wow. I guess saying somebody does good work automatically makes me an employee? Does this mean I get employee pricing?LMAO. Also the personal attacks on other members is a REAL classy touch....
ps - did you go to school as your above took a moment to sort out?

Just to set the record straight, I am in no way employed by WVG.

Willamette Valley Gunsmithing's website is on Mazama's website; when you scroll to " Professional Gunsmithing Services Recommended " click it, it takes you to our website

Gun Pro has us linked on theirs also. So, both those gunshops have us on their websites with direct links, so yeah, that's a recommendation that is clear and valid for all to see.

Randy at Baker's recommends us, as do Steve Huey, Bear and Robin at the Baron's Den, Marv Loy the owner of SM Gunshop ,I've done work for him for over 20yrs.

Interesting your only two posts on this board/forum are bashing us.

So, our website is on the shops you "claim" to have negative hear say from......? Guess I'll copy this and show it to them when I'm picking up and dropping off work :s0114:

Then again, no real name..only a screen name :s0131:

Sincerely, WVG
Willamette Valley Gunsmithing Company

I use WVG and I have never been disappointed George does a great job, and is a pleasure to deal with!

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR