JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dad, is that you? :s0114:

I hear you though. The wife and I try not to carry much debt (no car payments, etc.). For me it's the small, everyday items that I normally wouldn't buy that I really enjoy. For example, the Garmin Foretrex 601 is around $200 and seems like a nice piece of kit to have for EDC. The older 401 model is around $145, and I'm actually leaning more toward that one as it's smaller and has essentially the same functionality.
Get off my lawn!

I had plans for our tax return, but then the heat pump and air handler needed replacing. The cost was more than our return. Oh well, it's only money and those other plans can wait. Man, being a responsible adult sure is fun.

Your flippin KICKER was $1800??? That's a good grip more than my total refunds the last 3 years running. NO FAIR!!! Buy something fun, so long as it's not money you've grown accustomed to working into your normal yearly budget. Congrats on the windfall. I'm just a teeny bit jealous. :D

On my end I chose to buy a CZ 75 B with the Omega trigger because, well, I don't have a CZ yet so why not? Picking it up first thing in the morning

I'm extremely tempted to buy a stribog with my returns. Although I seem to be buying a more ammo and parts for my P365... I'm also considering throwing it at the stock market.

I had plans for our tax return, but then the heat pump and air handler needed replacing. The cost was more than our return. Oh well, it's only money and those other plans can wait. Man, being a responsible adult sure is fun.
Trust me... a bunch of my federal went into replacing an alternator and battery in my car, plus the headlight and body parts I messed up in an accident.
I wouldn't doubt if I'll have to out the rest into my insurance next time I re-up...
Still dreaming about gun stuff and a new fishing rod tho...
:s0155:

Put 75% into savings or paying off debt, then enjoy the other 25%.

Smartest post so far. I haven't gotten a refund in years but if I did I'd put most in savings, not blow it on "stuff".

the way i look at it, a tax return means you overpaid. a zero return or owe a couple hundred bucks means you got the most out of your money. not uncle sam.

A close second here, not bad for a Millenial. Keep an eye on this dude. :D

Bowflex C6 cycle do virtual spin classes

That looks like a nice spin bike. I've been tempted to join in with some of the spin classes at LA fitness because it looks like it burns a ton of calories, but they start a bit late for my schedule

Well, now I want one also; price doesn't seem too bad either. Of course, there's always the CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer Pistol Carbine Conversion kit that might be almost as satisfying (ish)

Smartest post so far. I haven't gotten a refund in years but if I did I'd put most in savings, not blow it on "stuff"

Eh, I figured most people would get the intent of my post, which isn't "Go blow your whole tax return (if you get one), on "stuff" you don't need" :s0092:

Both being a bunch of killjoys here. You're both right, but killjoys all the same

Sorry bro, wasn't trying to come off as a killjoy. My meaning was that as the OP in this case, I figured most readers would take the intent of the thread to be "let's do some window shopping, and maybe buy something fun". Definitely didn't want it to turn into any sort of fiscal responsibility debate :s0155:

LOL I just did my taxes after I posted that. I owe the feds and get money back from the state.

I net $217 when the dust settles. Whoopie, I might buy a couple mags or something and put the chump change into savings. :D

LOL I just did my taxes after I posted that. I owe the feds and get money back from the state.

I net $217 when the dust settles. Whoopie, I might buy a couple mags or something and put the chump change into savings. :D
This tax system is wonky. My situation is very similar every year except I owe the state and get a return from the feds. Unless we make grossly different incomes, you wouldn't think we'd be flip flopped

Tax withholding by employers should be banned. The citizens should have to write checks every month or quarter for the taxes owed. That way they might get a little bit more pissed off about how much money the government is actually taking from you. I have a spread sheet that I enter all income in from both my wife's pay checks and our media business income and it tells me how much estimated graft errrrrr...taxes I need to pay to the Feds and state. I pay monthly, and also have a set aside for the property taxes due as well on several properties.

Every. Month. But if they allowed the citizens to opt out of tax withholding and pay on their own, well more than half would likely fail to make those estimated payments and instead go out and buy a new big screen TV and new
$ 78,000 pickup, and then be unable to pay the taxes and the Feds would then f with you in ways you cannot imagine and just take their graft cut out of your bank accounts.

Oregons new " Corporate Activity tax" is in reality a 2% sales tax hidden in the corporate sales. So just assume that all your goods and services bought in this state will go up at least 2% this year. That is on top of the normal 2% or more inflationary increases most business's will pass on. Then you have fuel taxes, property taxes, real estate transaction taxes, estate transfer taxes and on and on.

Last Edited:
House gets 1/3rd Wife gets 1/3rd I get 1/3rd. I would almost guarantee 90% of my $1200 will go right into my 48 Willys Jeep build. With a little luck I am hoping to have it on the road after almost 15 years of work by Memorial Day.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews