JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Expanded background checks will close the private gun sale under SB 86

Child access prevention bill will hold gun owners responsible if minor access their unsecured guns under SB 385

Cease fire requests legislators to vote yes on SB 385 and no on SB 86. The key legislators involved are"

[email protected] 503-986-1704

[email protected] 503-986-1718

[email protected] 503-986-1708

[email protected] 503-986-1701

[email protected] 503-986-1713

[email protected] 503-986-1600 Senate president

[email protected] 503-986-1428

[email protected] 503-986-1414 House Majority leader

[email protected] 503-986-1200 House Speaker

I reported the message from Ceasefire that was sent to me. I think the internals of these bills have broader contents, but I did not have a chance to read these in details. I did cross check their notice and did suspect a possible oddity of their references.

Which one is the Child access prevention Bill that will hold gun owners responsible if minors access their unsecured guns?
That one worries the heck out of me.
Expect an ever changing interpretation of the definition of unsecured! This is a gateway law to home inspection/confiscation for many who will not be able to always have a safe handy like people who move a lot or travel for work, rent or are poor etc.

Also if some punk 15, 16, 19 year old druggie breaks into my house and gets one of my guns..........:mad:

This is worse than the stupid "loophole" Bill IMO!

Im confused, SB 86 is the firearm training facility bill
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB86/Introduced

SB 385 is firearm bans from court facilities
<broken link removed>

From Ceasefire's website:
"SB 86 is a dangerous bill that will allow shooting and hunting ranges on land already zoned for farm or forest. Remember that a bullet from a .22 gun can travel up to one mile and a bullet from a .30-06 can travel up to three miles. This bill endangers farmers and those who visit Oregon forests. Ceasefire Oregon opposes SB 86."

SB 86 sounds like a yes for gun owners who like to have shooting options!

Ceasefire Oregon makes it seem that shooting ranges will just allow people to fire .22 and .30-06 unimpeded and that is just ridiculous. Thanks for the heads up on this issue. I've contacted all of the above people.

These California style firearm restrictions ( Child Safety, Must Have a Gun Safe to Own Firearms, Must have insurance to CCW/CHL/CWP , must transport in locked container,must pass handgun safety card test & have a current card to purchase a handgun... all are Democrat Gungrabber concepts and many are instituted. Its starting for you guys now so be aware

These California style firearm restrictions ( Child Safety, Must Have a Gun Safe to Own Firearms, Must have insurance to CCW/CHL/CWP , must transport in locked container,must pass handgun safety card test & have a current card to purchase a handgun... all are Democrat Gungrabber concepts and many are instituted. Its starting for you guys now so be aware

If you can't ban guns just discourage people for owning them with over the top regulations and laws that will put you away. After guns are taken care of they will come for your kitchen knives.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews