JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guns and the election: The difference between common sense and nonsense

Today’s edition of USA Today asserts that the biggest issue politicians are not bringing up in this year’s campaign is gun control, while Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association contends that gun rights is a politically toxic subject that is better left alone.

<broken link removed>

Do we have them on the ropes Dave ? at the moment there a bit worried but they will continue to attack our rights because they are just plain stupid and the only way to beat them hands down is to vote them out plain and simple the problem is , are there enough of us to make a difference.

I know solid NRA members (and his wife) who will vote for Obwan no matter what! No idea why, I've known him since high school (we graduated in '65 so it's been a while!).
We agreed not to discuss politices, then he sends me a copy of the White House letter outlining and Sandy storm response.
Once I realized what it was I deleted it

Found this on another web site. It’s a quotation from a recent issue of American Rifleman

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan on the Issues

Romney and Ryan believe in the Second Amendment and strongly support the Supreme Court’s Heller and McDonald decisions.

Romney and Ryan believe nominees to the Supreme Couirt should support our fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms -- a right that could be erased by a one-vote change on the court.

Romney and Ryan strongly oppose the 1994 ban on common semi-automatic firearms.

Romney and Ryan strongly oppose the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty and any other international anti-gun treaty.

Romney and Ryan strongly support our individual right to self-defense and support an interstate Right-to-Carry law.

Romney and Ryan strongly oppose the deadly “Fast & Furious” operation and support legislation to make such operations illegal.

Romney and Ryan strongly oppose abuses of executive power to attack gun owners’ rights.

Romney and Ryan strongly oppose federal restrictions on gun shows and efforts to ban private firearms transfers.

Romney and Ryan strongly support increasing access to public lands for hunting and recreational shooting.

Romney and Ryan strongly are NRA members and gun owners who share our commitment to protecting our fundamental rights.

Easy decision when comparing to barry ... unless you’re in an agenda mode, and not a real decision mode.

It's funny what is important to the intellectually deficient over at USA Today... Apparently, if you can't talk up your record on the economy, global warming, jobs, transportation, business, agriculture, defense, free trade, deficits, the national debt, healthcare, taxes, inflation, immigration reform, or crime statistics.. So apparently, all of these things are because we don't have an assault weapons ban?

Do we have them on the ropes Dave ? at the moment there a bit worried but they will continue to attack our rights because they are just plain stupid and the only way to beat them hands down is to vote them out plain and simple the problem is , are there enough of us to make a difference.

Preferably, some of them would be at the end of a rope, but I fantasize too much :rolleyes:

But I took a look around the map Friday and found something interesting to discuss:

Guns and the election redux: How does CCW translate to voter sentiment?

Yesterday marked a milestone in Wisconsin as the Badger State observed the first anniversary of its concealed carry statute, with WTMJ radio reporting a total of 138,664 carry permits issued out of 151,577 applications.

<broken link removed>

the NRA should not let a sleeping dog lie it should be brought to the forefront so the obamanites can't say he meant this or that, make it transparent exactly how he feels. more so than this supposedly transparent administration

It's not being mentioned because both major parties candidates are anti gunners. They have this one sewn up.. US voters are suckers

It's not being mentioned because both major parties candidates are anti gunners. They have this one sewn up.. US voters are suckers

Not true at all. Romney and Ryan are pro-gun to the core. Ryan is a big time hunter and will make sure Romney tows the NRA line.

Obama and Biden don't know which end of a gun the bullet comes out of.

When you say "wrong" reports do you mean the ones that are not released by the Romney campaign designed to appease certain demographics. Then yes.

I could bring up the whole Mass AWB and his countless anti gun quotes and you could say that his views have "evolved" rather than him being a weasel who says what gives him the best chance of winning, but that whole thing has been beat to death numerous times on here.

I do not necessarly believe that he will impose any more GC if elected, but only because it does not benefit him politicaly, but to say that he is pro gun to the core is like I said laughable.

Coming down to the wire, gun owners are buying and voting

With one weekend remaining before election day, gun owners appear to be not only voting with ballots, but also with their wallets, as reports from around the country suggest that gun sales are once again sizzling over concerns about a second term with Barack Obama in the Oval Office.

<broken link removed>

Dave, I don 't think the problem comes from voting for a 3rd party candidate.

I think the real problem comes from having a "left" and right wing of a one party system.

So this presidential election i will do what I've been doing.

I will refuse to vote.

Thanks for the laughs

The VP is 150 % irrelevant while the president is alive and able

Obviously you did not hear Romney's speech at the NRA convention. Nor have you read the details of the BS about his so called gun control as Gov of Mass, a totally liberal state, by the way.

You liberals make me laugh, all you can do is point the finger and say you lie when you have no facts to back up your assertions. Check out Obama's record on gun control as a IL state legislator and as a US Congressman. Pretty clear who is on the side of gun owners and it ain't Obummer. Read all the data on the NRA boards its all based on facts not emotional hope and change.

Obviously you did not hear Romney's speech at the NRA convention. Nor have you read the details of the BS about his so called gun control as Gov of Mass, a totally liberal state, by the way.

You liberals make me laugh, all you can do is point the finger and say you lie when you have no facts to back up your assertions. Check out Obama's record on gun control as a IL state legislator and as a US Congressman. Pretty clear who is on the side of gun owners and it ain't Obummer. Read all the data on the NRA boards its all based on facts not emotional hope and change.

What he says means nothing to me. What he has already done does matter. He's a slimy, lying used car salesman. I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes from him were he a shoe salesman

I remember the liars Bush and Quayle too.. they also lied and then almost upon taking office Bush issued an import ban on the best semi auto long guns

I'm as far from a liberal as can be. I am a paleo con to the core, pal. Romney is an anti gunner, pro homosexual "marriage", pro socialzed medicine neo con

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me

Suckers :rolleyes:

People with tribal loyalties to R or D project what they want to see on their cnadidate. The candidates themselves avoid saying anything of substance as much as possible to allow that projection. They throw a bone to specific consitutencies in semi-privte forum while tlaking out the other side of their face in a different forum.

I think Romney is slightly less of a problem than Obama. Not much. Until just recently, I didn't think he had much chance. I was more or less of the opinion that the president's inability to get re-elected would be trumped by Romney's inability to get elected at all.

I'm pretty sick of getting accused of being a "liberal" of an Obama apologist when I say I won't vote for Romney. The lesser of two evils is still evil. I voted 3rd party, and I'm pretty tired of being browbeaten for that too- Johnson probably pulled as many fiscally conservative and centrist democrats away from Obama as from Romney.

A pox on both their houses.ANybody who isn't blinded by emotional identity politics would say the same. I'm more disillusioned by Rs and than by Ds because the Rs don't live up to their lip service. The Ds just straight up tell me they're going to do things I don't like. The Rs lie to me about what they're going to do.

People with tribal loyalties to R or D project what they want to see on their cnadidate. The candidates themselves avoid saying anything of substance as much as possible to allow that projection. They throw a bone to specific consitutencies in semi-privte forum while tlaking out the other side of their face in a different forum.

I think Romney is slightly less of a problem than Obama. Not much. Until just recently, I didn't think he had much chance. I was more or less of the opinion that the president's inability to get re-elected would be trumped by Romney's inability to get elected at all.

I'm pretty sick of getting accused of being a "liberal" of an Obama apologist when I say I won't vote for Romney. The lesser of two evils is still evil. I voted 3rd party, and I'm pretty tired of being browbeaten for that too- Johnson probably pulled as many fiscally conservative and centrist democrats away from Obama as from Romney.

A pox on both their houses.ANybody who isn't blinded by emotional identity politics would say the same. I'm more disillusioned by Rs and than by Ds because the Rs don't live up to their lip service. The Ds just straight up tell me they're going to do things I don't like. The Rs lie to me about what they're going to do.

Problem is that Johnson is not a Libertarian. He's a failed Republican candidate that weaseled his way onto the Libertarian ticket after he failed to make it from the minor Republican league to the major.

That's why we voted Constitution Party, also the open borders Libertarian nonsense. I can look at myself in the mirror

Besides, only genuine Revolution is going to clean up this mess

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads