JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read that less than 1k Oregonians have even started training. Seems pretty unpopular to me.

I'm not sure what the future holds
The purpose of this bill is to make it harder and harder to buy a gun driving down motivation. Thats what the 114 future holds.

I read that less than 1k Oregonians have even started training. Seems pretty unpopular to me.

I imagine that some of the shops that maintain a high rate of sales and transfers during this interim period and are well diversified will be able to weather a few months of very slow sales.

The big box stores will be fine.

Most of the kitchen table FFLs that are doing this for fun money will probably survive.

It is the small shops that depend the FFL business for their entire livelihood that will suffer most.

Very sad.

Gunrunner arms in junction city, Oregon has closed. Their website confirms it and it seems they're the first to raise the white flag over 114. Too bad, I enjoyed doing business with them and they'll be missed.

Does anyone know of other FFLs the have shut down in the last couple months? I'm hearing more 114 grumblings from owners and employees at other stores, almost like they feel the party is over...
Just seems to me unAmerican behavior that allows legal businesses to be put out of business. I'm not seeing anything Constitutional about that

This sucks, hadn't heard this until now. A move to Texas keeps sounding better and better.
Make sure you do your homework on the local gun scene. I figured VA would be great. Turns out, Oregon actually has a much healthier competition space and purchasing laws. Nothing really beat Arizona for public ranges or public land to shoot on…cest la vie.

Thank god we're leaving here in another 6-8 months.

Just seems to me unAmerican behavior that allows legal businesses to be put out of business. I'm not seeing anything Constitutional about that
They weren't put out of business, they quit being in business and cited measure 114 as the reason why. As much as I hate to see them go, that's the truth. Lots of other gun dealers are still in business and selling all the guns, ammo and magazines they can get their hands on.

Make sure you do your homework on the local gun scene. I figured VA would be great. Turns out, Oregon actually has a much healthier competition space and purchasing laws. Nothing really beat Arizona for public ranges or public land to shoot on…cest la vie.

Thank god we're leaving here in another 6-8 months.
Good point for sure. We were thinking Galveston or Corpus Christi. I'm a field engineer for medical devices, and Tx is the biggest customer base for my territory. Need to be close to a major airport but have no desire to live near Dallas.

Imagine the horror when the next event occurs that reminds people that the police can't/won't protect them, and they realize there's probably a year's wait to get a gun.

Just be sure you don't let the libs and retards follow you here. We have enough state line crossers that shouldn't be here already. Gun toting freedom fighters are all welcome but not the hippy libtards.
Yep, never understood this. They create a hellhole where they live, get sick of it and move to a nice well run conservative state, and proceed to try and recreate the hellhole they just left.

Yep, never understood this. They create a hellhole where they live, get sick of it and move to a nice well run conservative state, and proceed to try and recreate the hellhole they just left.
It's by design, the DNC encourages this type of behavior to destroy Conservative states.
It's the big cities that is the cancer that destroys good states.

If 85% of gun buyers really don't get a permit, the FFLs will be screwed. Only the strongest and most disversified will survive. There just won't be room for 100% of FFLs to serve 15% of the normal customer level. Shipping cost are making the ability to compete with big companies for online out of state sales, more difficult.

It seems that LEVO and the very slim margin of voters who approved M114 are going to get what they wanted.
The reason it's always a slim margin, mail in voting is too much for the Democrats not to cheat and get their agenda in .

I was another regular Gun Runner customer and sorry to see them close shop and move to S. Dakota.
114 was the last straw for them, as they commented on Oregon swirling down the poo-hole over the past several years.
Can't blame them for feeling that way.
I wonder how many firearms owners are not voting. We need to vote these antigun legislators out. Write your Congressman and Senators.

I imagine that some of the shops that maintain a high rate of sales and transfers during this interim period and are well diversified will be able to weather a few months of very slow sales.

The big box stores will be fine.

Most of the kitchen table FFLs that are doing this for fun money will probably survive.

It is the small shops that depend the FFL business for their entire livelihood that will suffer most.

Very sad.
The Lacey Washington Cabela's firearm department told me right before Christmas their typical Saturday was $20,000 in firearms purchase. Since all the antigun legislation has passed in Washington they are lucky to do $3000 a Saturday

The Lacey Washington Cabela's firearm department told me right before Christmas their typical Saturday was $20,000 in firearms purchase. Since all the antigun legislation has passed in Washington they are lucky to do $3000 a Saturday
$3000 that place must be deserted.

Edit: They may need to bring in some new types of guns including lots of manual loaders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top