JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPDATES:
The Mayor and Salem Police Chief are hosting this:

This was announced at the Town Hall mentioned below.

The Salem Reporter didn't choose to answer my submitted question during the town hall, and afterwards in their follow up reporting, to no surprise of mine.

Again, might be a good idea to have a few 2A friendly/knowledgeable people in attendance, as I would be surprised (and honestly impressed) if any actual 2A advocacy organizations have been invited, since the town hall was noticably lacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but I wanted to post this were it would be the most visible:

The Salem Reporter is putting on a free Gun Violence Town Hall this month, Feb 15 I think, at the Elsinore Theater.

I am planning to attend this, is this on anyone else's RADAR? I am thinking it might be a good idea to have people who understand the importance of 2A attending, in case the discussion gets a little "get rid of all guns" heavy, as I imagine the gun grabbers will be there in abundance. The future of 2A in Oregon is going to be decided by the uninformed middle. If they only hear one side, they'll likely vote accordingly.

Then we can fondly kiss what's left of our rights goodbye.

Last Edited:
I assume this is it (below)...

Somebody should call them and demand that they list the political party affiliation of each speaker, and a simple reference as to whether they are pro-gun or anti-gun.

Then when it's clear that the panel is stacked with anti-gun zealots, demand equal representation from the pro-gun side of the argument. Otherwise this is nothing but anti-gun PROPAGANDA. But then we already knew that.

The panel:

•Police Chief Trevor Womack – Salem Police Department (15 minutes)

•Kenny Ramirez, Security Field Coordinator, Salem-Keizer School District (10 minutes)

•Troy Gregg – director, Marion County Juvenile Dept. (10 minutes)

•Lynn Takata – board chair, Northeast Neighbors (10 minutes)

•Levi Herrera-Lopez – executive director, Mano a Mano (10 minutes)

What is the point of attending? Will you have a chance to speak? What difference will it make, one way or the other?

"The Salem Reporter is putting on a free Gun Violence Town Hall this month, Feb 15 I think, at the Elsinore Theater.

I am planning to attend this, is this on anyone else's RADAR? I am thinking it might be a good idea to have people who understand the importance of 2A attending, in case the discussion gets a little "get rid of all guns" heavy, as I imagine the gun grabbers will be there in abundance. The future of 2A in Oregon is going to be decided by the uninformed middle. If they only hear one side, they'll likely vote accordingly.

Then we can fondly kiss what's left of our rights goodbye."

I got news for you, as someone who has participated in this sort of thing years ago:

The story will be written before the meeting ever happens. It's all for show.

Last Edited:
What is the point of attending? Will you have a chance to speak? What difference will it make, one way or the other?

"The Salem Reporter is putting on a free Gun Violence Town Hall this month, Feb 15 I think, at the Elsinore Theater.

Then we can fondly kiss what's left of our rights goodbye."

I got news for you, as someone who has participated in this sort of thing years ago:

The story will be written before the meeting ever happens. It's all for show.
I assume you can ask questions. I plan to have some that would be difficult for them to answer honestly, depending on how it goes.

I'm willing to bet the conclusion is "we need to have more 'conversations' about 'common sense' gun control."

Have fun changing hearts and minds.
There was no conclusion reached at the city of Salem gun violence town hall. But you are correct. They want to study some more and get the community involved, same as in the past 20 years. Frankly, any attempt at fentanyl, gang, or crime control would be racist and everyone knows it.

SB1503 is the result of these kinds of studies. It feeds the Gun Violence Study Industry. They need more money to study the studies.

UPDATES:
The Mayor and Salem Police Chief are hosting this:

This was announced at the Town Hall mentioned below.

The Salem Reporter didn't choose to answer my submitted question during the town hall, and afterwards in their follow up reporting, to no surprise of mine.

Again, might be a good idea to have a few 2A friendly/knowledgeable people in attendance, as I would be surprised (and honestly impressed) if any actual 2A advocacy organizations have been invited, since the town hall was noticably lacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but I wanted to post this were it would be the most visible:

The Salem Reporter is putting on a free Gun Violence Town Hall this month, Feb 15 I think, at the Elsinore Theater.

Then we can fondly kiss what's left of our rights goodbye.
I have no idea how to correctly forum.

I added some more info on the next related thing coming up in case anyone is interested. I'll be attending.

I have no idea how to correctly forum.

I added some more info on the next related thing coming up in case anyone is interested. I'll be attending.
I'll be attending as well.

If you go the the police web site, you'll notice that Chief Womack wants to add six officers to a gang and crime reduction task force. It also turns out that the mayor took money away from the police department because the positions had not yet been filled. The mayor is now taking the taxpayers money and applying it to DEI causes.

You can't make this chit up. It really is this bad.

I will get up and scream at those a-holes if they recommend gardens in the park and more murals on buildings as the way to stop cartels and gangs from taking over the city, they way they did at the last town hall.

If you want to get your question submitted, go directly to the reporter, Ardeshir Tabrizian covering the gun violence events. At the very least, he will know what questions people are really asking.

If you go the the police web site, you'll notice that Chief Womack wants to add six officers to a gang and crime reduction task force. It also turns out that the mayor took money away from the police department because the positions had not yet been filled. The mayor is now taking the taxpayers money and applying it to DEI causes.

I will get up and scream at those a-holes if they recommend gardens in the park and more murals on buildings as the way to stop cartels and gangs from taking over the city, they way they did at the last town hall.

If you want to get your question submitted, go directly to the reporter, Ardeshir Tabrizian covering the gun violence events. At the very least, he will know what questions people are really asking.
ETA: while I'm at it, Mayor hoy is being challenged for his office by Julie Hoy. There is no relation between the two. Julie was elected as a city counsel member last election, and is now running for mayor. She was the one beating the drum about the payroll tax the counsel passed last year. She is also the owner of Geppetto's on Lancaster in Salem. IMHO, she deserves our support.

I saw the lady up there reading the questions roll her eyes, giggle, and show him a card. He looked at it, nodded, then looked away and then she asked a personal question about what busy moms can do to be involved in this issue. They know the questions being asked, my guess is they just aren't planning to give those a voice in a televised, or "print" forum.

Just like all the media here loves to say "voters passed Mz 114" like it was a landslide, but tiptoe on the stats that it was by 50.71% to 49.29%. 🙄

ETA: while I'm at it, Mayor hoy is being challenged for his office by Julie Hoy. There is no relation between the two. Julie was elected as a city counsel member last election, and is now running for mayor. She was the one beating the drum about the payroll tax the counsel passed last year. She is also the owner of Geppetto's on Lancaster in Salem. IMHO, she deserves our support.
My Grandma used to get their Parmesan Chicken!

Here we go :

The shootings occurred one day after Salem Police Chief Trevor Womack and Mayor Chris Hoy hosted a community meeting Wednesday night to launch a yearlong effort to reduce shootings in the city. A 2023 report showed a 100% increase in shootings in Salem since 2018.

Shocked I tell you ....... Shocked .

Screenshot_20240211-114840.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews