JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF Slams Fed Gun Show Snooping as Hillary Heads West, Hand Out Again

Almost immediately after the Wall Street Journal revealed that federal agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement "persuaded" local police officers in Southern California in 2010 to scan the license plates of gun show customers, the Second Amendment Foundation called for a Congressional investigation.

SAF Slams Fed Gun Show Snooping as Hillary Heads West, Hand Out Again

Chicago elites use hired guns for security; what about the rest of us?

The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that residents in one of the Windy City's "wealthiest neighborhoods" have hired private security guards to patrol their section of the Lake View area.

Chicago elites use hired guns for security; What about the rest of us?

Its a gun show.
I have no doubt that both local and federal law enforcement will do some checking in from time to time.
While not overly happy about that , I can live with it.
Kinda like thinking they check out gun forums ...

Having seen local law enforcement at some shows around where I live it hasn't been a big deal.
Even overheard some officers comment on the same stuff we talk about:
Over priced ammo or "Hey thats a good deal!" type of thing.

If the OP is true, then I do indeed view that action as an invasion of my privacy.
Andy

Police cars here in Portland (and likely your town too) have equipment that automatically scans the license plates of every car it passes, whether parked or driving down the road, and records its position and time. Cops just have drive around. Surveillance is not just at gun shows. Smile.

You guys seem rather passive about an invasion of privacy.

Our liberties are under assault on so many fronts. This instance seems pretty typical. I'm finding it harder to muster full-bore outrage at each and every instance especially at 6:30am pre-caffeination like right now. Aren't you the guy that was "shocked" recently by our discussion in another thread of measures to take for armed resistance if, God forbid, it should ever come to it? Passive, my azz. Like Claire Wolfe said: it's still "too early to shoot the bastards". That is all.

Last Edited:
Police cars here in Portland (and likely your town too) have equipment that automatically scans the license plates of every car it passes, whether parked or driving down the road, and records its position and time. Cops just have drive around. Surveillance is not just at gun shows. Smile.
I don't doubt that at all.
Hello Big Brother...
Or Hello anyone else , with almost everyone having a cell phone with a camera or video abilities.
Andy
If you have a water meter,look at the cover. There will be around black thing on top. That were the reader waves his wand and reads your meter
The local guy said they have a program now that they can drive down the main streets and read a few blocks of meters.:eek:
And that's just for a little water bill;)
Wonder what other info?
Isn't technology wonderful? o_O

I lost my parking ticket at PDX. I told the lady in the booth about what time I got there and she confirmed, yes we scan every car that comes through. They know where you park, everything.

You guys seem rather passive about an invasion of privacy.
Erm, I thought those responses well thought out and founded.
Don't double-up dare on dolla click bait.
The man has been rolling through neighborhoods now for almost a generation literally/physically looking through walls on a whim.

I lost my parking ticket at PDX. I told the lady in the booth about what time I got there and she confirmed, yes we scan every car that comes through. They know where you park, everything.
Of course there's that. God bless 'em. And then there's the cop cars.. God bless 'em. And then there's the one billion passive cameras on most every intersection with facial recognition, let alone a # runner.. the pox on that

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top