JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, Marcus out at Al's Guns in Verbort is a good guy as are all his guys. Kurt at H&K in Forest Grove is very knowledgeable as well. Kurt has a ton of little odd ball parts too. And if you need a Mauser guy, he's your man.

I just found out from my neighbor that he lives right across the street from us. I need to chat him up for some gunsmithing mods I want done. ;-)

Brief update. I stopped there this past Saturday. One of the owners and I chatted briefly (didn't exchange names). They were holding a CCW class, but the actual store wasn't open yet. He indicated that they had hoped to be open sooner, but they just got all their FFL paperwork back so they hoped to be up and running in the next couple of weeks. It is in the building next to the KAADY carwish. There is a Chiropractors office on the front side of the building, but you have to drive around to the back of the building to where the shop is. Said they will not only be offering firearm sales, but also accessories and gunsmith services. Let's support them and hope they make it. It would be nice to see a quality gun shop make it on the west side.

There's a new storefront that just opened in Aloha on 185th just South of Baseline. Despite the fact that it's called Discount Gun Sales, it looks a bit pricey to me.
Discount Gun Sales LLC
Well, the prices aren't all that bad, and the two guys there seem genuinely nice and patient. To me it's worth it to pay a little premium compared to the time and aggravation of dealing with Keith's.

I've been to Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro and talked with two of the three principals, Joe and James. I trust them both, and I'll be dealing with them again. Still, they're probably never going to carry a lot of stock; it's more like a fab shop than a storefront. But if you know what you want and don't need to fondle a lot of hardware first, they'll probably beat the prices of most stores - except Keith's.

Went and checked out Discount Gun by 185'th and Baseline, the guys behind the counter seem nice enough but the prices are up there. Maybe they just like to haggle...?

Stopped by Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro today. He is open, but still kind of setting up shop. Had some Moisan's it looked like, some AK's, and a few handguns. Much of it I think might be his own collection just to fill the cases and gun racks until he gets more inventory in. Had a little ammo and a few accessories. He does gunsmithing, barrel threading, etc. Asked him about doing some 1911 work and his shop rate is $40.00 per hour. Not cheap, but not exorbitant either. Hope he makes it. It will be nice having another option on the west side of town.

I first met James Way about a year ago when he bought a 22 Magnum rifle I advertised for sale. I was so impressed that, with onay one exception,
I've turned to him first for all my 4-5 gun trades/purchases since then, even though I end up plinking down another $25 to have the firearm transferred across the river to Washington State. James is an absolutely honest guy, a fellow veteran, who will go to great lengths to work with you to get what you need. I've met his partner once, and he struck me the same way. No BS, no false promises, just an obvious philosophy of treating people the right way and not feeding you lines just to get your business. That said, I think they both want the same from their customers. I'd recommend them over anyone else in the Portland area, even if they're just now expanding enough to have a storefront.

Discount Guns is actually a local chain based out of the Seattle area. I bought a 1911 from their fairly new store in Vancouver. They know their stuff and are great people. And since they're a chain, they have access to a larger inventory than what they have on the shelves, all at what seem to be really competitive prices. Check out their corporate webpage at Discount Gun Sales LLC.

I have dealt with James at Willamette Valley Arms on multiple occasions. I would recommend them to anybody, as their customer service is top notch.

Discount Guns is anything but "discounted." Their prices are on average about $100.00 more expensive than anywhere else in town, and the selection is limited. I wanted to buy a box of ammo from them once, and they insisted I provide them with my phone number. When I asked why they needed it, I was told that it was for legal purposes. Needless to say I will never go back there.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads