JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(Reuters) - The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms said on Friday it had revoked the federal license of a Connecticut gun retailer that sold a weapon to the mother of Adam Lanza, who killed 26 people at an elementary school in December.

The agency on December 20 revoked the license of Riverview Gun Sales in East Windsor, Connecticut, ATF spokeswoman Debora Seifert said. The revocation was reported in The Journal News, of Westchester County, New York, on Friday.

"We did revoke their federal firearms license," she said. The agency did not publicly disclose a reason for the closure.

A woman who answered the telephone at Riverview on Friday, and did not give her name, confirmed the store had sold a weapon to Lanza's mother, Nancy, and that its license had been revoked. She declined further comment.

Nancy Lanza was her son's first victim in the December 14 attack. He shot her in their family home before driving to Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, where he gunned down 20 young children and six adults before shooting himself dead.

The weapons Adam Lanza, 20, used in the attack were all legally purchased and registered.

<broken link removed>

So...did they find them in violation with other sales? The sale to Nancy was 100% legal as far as I know. I bet they dug deep until they found some bad record keeping to justify pulling their license on a technicality unrelated to Sandyhook.

So...did they find them in violation with other sales? The sale to Nancy was 100% legal as far as I know. I bet they dug deep until they found some bad record keeping to justify pulling their license on a technicality unrelated to Sandyhook.
You know that white spot on top of chicken spit?Thats chicken spit too.

"Show me the man, I'll FIND you the crime."

This is the problem with all these regulations and nonsense. EVERYONE is a felon. EVERYONE is guilty of a crime. You just need to look hard enough/spend enough resources.

There's a thread going on another forum (rugerforum.com) that's discussing this case right now. From my understanding, there has been some stolen guns and poor paperwork issues associated with this gun shop. As with anything else, there's always more to the story..

Here's a link: <broken link removed>

Just what I thought. It was for a completely unrelated issue, but the news will imply it's because they sold a gun to her. Nevermind that it was a completely legal and kosher deal.

Just what I thought. It was for a completely unrelated issue, but the news will imply it's because they sold a gun to her. Nevermind that it was a completely legal and kosher deal.

Missing the point.

It pains me greatly to say it, for it says volumes about our Republic:

"FIND ME SOMETHING ON THESE PEOPLE," sayeth the King.

The actual issue or violation would never have been brought forth EXCEPT for making the King angry.

And now we face the abrogation of all our ancient rights.

Who will oppose this, save traitors and patriots both?

God help us all.

They dont have to IMPLY anything. all they have to do is put it out like they have, and rumors will spread that it was because of lanza that they lost their license. The majority of people dont search for the truth, it is easier and more DRAMATIC to ASSUME, and/or fabricate what they think sounds good. People want something ANYTHING done to make them feel safer, that there wont be another school, mall, theater, mass shooting, that bad guys wont get guns, That gun stores are going to screen people better. The truth is, as we all know, that unless it is a private party sale, there IS a background check. There are people who still think that you can walk in, pay and walk out with a rifle... No BGC, and handguns have a 5 day waiting period.

All the majority wants is something done. You know there are thousands of people saying "GOOD they should have lost their FFL for selling to that kid" They didnt sell to him, they sold them to a legal purchaser (his mom) He stole them and killed her. The only way he wouldnt have got her guns was if she was the only one who had the combo to the safe and had it memorized, or the key was hidden or something. BUT he would have got guns, or made explosives, or something to carry out his insane plan.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top