JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"James Davis Sr., a part-time police officer in the Chicago suburb of Bellwood. "
He lives in Chicago, they register everything. Also, if it was his duty weapon, the police would have a record on it.

dang, that was an easy one then. I was wondering if it was some state or local registration but couldn't find anything with a quick google.

Chicago is in a Whole Different World so I'm not surprised. Also the Dad was a Chicago Cop and of course their Guns are going to be registered.

yeah, I overlooked the part in the article about the dad being a cop, I should slow down when I read these things before doing a quick post to create discussion.

feds are supposed to destroy the record within 24hrs, but reality is if you buy a new gun and its found at a crime scene... your gonna get a knock on the door.

In Oregon, the State Police are required to keep the BGC record for five years. I seriously doubt they find time to delete it after the five years is up.

Every 4 years and 8 months to be exact and before I had my 1980 class C conviction expunged, I had to go through background check hell with the OSP every 5 years.
It wasn't such a big deal years ago, but when I really started to add to my collection it became an imperative to clear up my record.
If it wasn't for Tigard Pawn 4 Less, I would still be waiting for the OSP to release my purchases.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews