JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I'm sitting here after having an emergency appendectomy on Sunday. I only stayed one night in the hospital, but I had a host of activities planned for this week and next week. I already had off from work and could do things that I wanted to do, not needed to do. I have maybe 1000 rounds sitting there waiting for me to send them flying at hypervelocity toward something, but the wife is monitoring me like a hawk to make sure I don't engage in any unauthorized activities. I argued that there is nothing in my discharge instructions that say "No Firearms", but she says I was told not to engage in any heavy lifting. She insists that lifting the Ruger New Model Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP convertible I just bought and want desperately to shoot constitutes heavy lifting. OK, it is heavy, but not THAT heavy. After my neck surgery in May, I had to go through opiate withdrawal when I went off the heavy pain meds I was on for several years to keep working. That sucked. This is very, very similar and bordering on worse, I'd say.

Sorry to hear about that. I had emergency surgery about 5 years ago for a perforated ulcer and had to spend 10 days in the hospital. Not fun not being able to do anything and I can see how you'd be having trouble not being able to go shooting when you were all ready (supplies and mentally) and then not being able to go. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top