JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just renewed my NRA membership, I haven't been a member for about 2 years. I renewed a few days ago because they are the largest organization fighting for our rights. I know a lot of people don't like them but I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to protect our rights. I've also been considering joining the second amendment foundation. They are currently threatening to sue any city that has more strict gun laws in states that don't allow for that. Last night the city of Oak Harbor WA repealed their ban in carrying in parks and recreation areas because of the threat. That and that video of the vet concealed carrying and one of the councilmen freaked and left but the mayor apologized and said he felt safer knowing he was armed and last night their meeting on the issue was packed with people who were carrying but it all started due to the SAF threatening to sue. I was also a member of the Washington Arms collectors but that recently expired I need to renew it. That gets you into their gun shows free plus you can only buy or sell if your a member and they support groups that fight for gun rights.

One that I belong to is Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Lobby - Oregon Firearms Federation
They've done a fantasitc job of communicating with members and the legislature concerning our 2A rights here in Oregon. Director Kevin Starrett has been involved in the organization since 1999 and has produced real results with the legislature and also helped interpret local and state laws for the benefit of the membership.

If there is only 1 organization to join, I believe it's this one since they deal with exactly what's going on in our state. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't also join the NRA since we need help on a national level as well.

My favorites are the SAF and OFF, they seem to get things accomplished. The more I look at GOA, the more I like the cut of their jib.

NRA, Legion and VFW (Which are not strictly "gun" organizations per se.). I've been thinking about the WA firearms Assoc, but there isn't a lot of benefit in it from what I can see in my region.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews