JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall NOT be infringed.

WHY SHOULD we have to have a "persuasive argument?"

that article sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.

the guy claims its "unfair" but whats actually "unfair" is that the 2nd amendment takes a back seat to all our other rights. WHY has it become a second tier right? a RIGHT is a RIGHT. not a negotiation.

yes. i am fired up now.

just think about the uproar if we had to apply for a permit for law enforcement to not search us without warrant. a background check to be able to practice any religion we choose to. a permit for a fair trial...etc...

If the crybabies want to feel safe then why are they not crying about the laws to thwart t he very criminals who wish to prey on said crybabies, are not being enforced by their progressive Democrat officials!!! :mad::mad::mad:

It boggles my mind that these people have no common sense & cannot see the forest for the trees.o_Oo_Oo_O

Last Edited:
I think they see it perfectly and have duped a number of uneducated voters who give power to them in exchange for goodies. IMO

From the article:
The ISRA is livid that everyone who applies for a new FOID card or renews one would have to be fingerprinted. The cost of this would be "astronomical, up to $250." In addition, the ISRA says, applicants would have to pay for their own background check, costing another $100 or more.

But who says that the people who choose to own firearms shouldn't have to go into their pocketbooks every now and then?

Imagine we were talking about a POID ("Published Opinion" ID) card. That anyone who publishes an opinion in a magazine or paper (online or digital) had to shell out for a POID card so that their piece could be fact checked. Failing the fact check when attempting to publish would be a felony of course. We should also set up a system with no due process whereby people close to the writer can turn him in if they find his opinions suspect, and the police will arrive and immediately confiscate all computers, phones, pens, pencils, paper, chalk, slate, toner, ink, opened envelopes that have room for scribbling, etc. etc.

EDIT: the pen is mightier than the sword. Take propaganda for instance -- how many people have died in unjust wars fueled by false and misleading "news" stories (and let's start at that "liberal" bastion, the NYT: How The Iraq War Still Haunts New York Times ). To kill millions, you need a printing press, not a gun.

Last Edited:
WHAT ABOUT CRIMINALS WHO COULD GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT ID CARDS???? everything these anti gun people do does NOTHING to stop criminals but hurts us non criminals

Correct, make it so difficult to exercise a right that the people give up trying.
Then again I seem to remember hearing that we shouldn't obey unjust or unConstitutional laws.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall NOT be infringed.

WHY SHOULD we have to have a "persuasive argument?"

that article sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.
Amen Brother, don't need none of them ther persuasive arguement thingies for a Constitutionally Guarenteed Right. Period.

Correct, make it so difficult to exercise a right that the people give up trying.
Then again I seem to remember hearing that we shouldn't obey unjust or unConstitutional laws.
OMG.... April 19th, 2019 is coming... Only 244 years after the first uprising against a tyrannical government...

Tree of Liberty needs to be watered and refreshed before it withers away....

I understand the anger and rage that some feel about the constant browbeating we take. Part of it is our own fault for being comfortable and complacent. It's given the other side thenopportunity to grow their base, spread their untruths and continue to nibble away at Civil Rights...

For the first time since I move to Oregon nearly 20 years ago I see the flicker of passion for our constitutional rights. Finally there's a glimmer of hope...

I'll do my darndest to not only fuel that flicker but to fan it too. We need that flicker to become an inferno. An inferno of passion for our rights, rights we hold near and dear. We have engaged ina fight we cannot back away from, we have to push through and be victorious. Anything else and we lose not only our rights, but our freedoms and our liberty...

God bless America, thank God for our founding fathers and glory to God for the victory we will have.

It's a long fight, it'll take time and may take many years, Be we can win if we all come together as one cohesive and unmovable body!!!!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews