JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is definitely one of the more level-headed articles I've seen in the last few days.

I think that debates about whether or not fewer guns prevents mass murders, whether or not very low capacity magazines would reduce body count, and whether or not the "average" citizen would be able to use his or her concealed firearms effectively under duress, are all debates which cannot be won, especially on television between pundits. Obviously, these debates can't be settled through experimentation, and the data and studies that are often quoted show correlation, not definite causation. Its no wonder debate can quickly turn to argument on topics like gun control. In the wake of tragedies like the one in question, I try and discuss my positions with people openly, but try and keep the conversation light and move on if people seem to be getting emotionally charged, rather than actually wanting to have a conversation.

I hope to see more articles like this one that try and provide information rather than just choose a position and feed it to their readers.

I try and discuss my positions with people openly, but try and keep the conversation light and move on if people seem to be getting emotionally charged, rather than actually wanting to have a conversation.

I'd love to be able to do that. I don't have much interaction much outside of the workplace.. Many people in the company I work for are EXTREMELY anti. Its a shame, the owner would rather see her employees push a button and die waiting for the police, than have anything to do with a firearm.

Sometimes, I know not to bother even trying to talk to them about how my wife and I refuse to be victim in these circumstances.. I may end up fired in the end, but I will not end up dead..

I'd love to be able to do that. I don't have much interaction much outside of the workplace.. Many people in the company I work for are EXTREMELY anti. Its a shame, the owner would rather see her employees push a button and die waiting for the police, than have anything to do with a firearm.

Sometimes, I know not to bother even trying to talk to them about how my wife and I refuse to be victim in these circumstances.. I may end up fired in the end, but I will not end up dead..

I know what you mean. I find it funny how different it can be in other parts of the country. I was on temporary duty out in the midwest a ways back, and talking shop in that office was all about who got the biggest deer, so-and-so got another turkey right in his backyard again, who's going to range tonight, etc. If only it weren't so dang flat out there, I might wanna live there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top