JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just posted this to FB and wanted to hear opinions from this community that I newly discovered and have come to love.

"A guy, to whom I sold a couple pistols, came back into my store today and we got to talking. He told me something that I've already known but I just want to get it out there.

GUN CONTROL TO ME MEANS THAT PEOPLE NEED TO CONTROL THEIR GUNS.

If a new bill was to be proposed making it so that every firearm owner in the United States had to have a safe and store his/her weapons in it I would whole-heartedly vote for it. I believe that there are many irresponsible firearm owners who give us a bad reputation as a whole. Guns need to be locked up (minus a pistol in the nightstand with a trigger/cable lock) and children and everyone who have never used a firearm need to be taught, not just the fundamentals, but to be proficient with the use of basic firearms.

Adam Lanza went to a gun store several days prior to the SHES tragedy to purchase a rifle and was told that he needed to pass a background check in order to buy it. He walked out empty handed. He then murdered his mother with her own guns and the rest is history.

My point is that I believe that we, together as a nation, need to raise the standards of firearm ownership-not lessen the firearms we own."

I believe people should properly secure their guns from theft and curious souls... plus teach everyone in that household the 4 rules plus proper use of the arms.
That's exactly what I do in my house.

I vote no on the cable lock.

If a man can move 21 feet in 1.5 seconds how fast do you think he could get from your front door to your night stand?

You should time it then see if you can get out of bed and undo the lock load the weapon in less time if you can't your dead.

Just my opinion

If your not home lock them up if your home they are hard to use in the safe.

Since SCOTUS has already said it is a fundamental right to keep a pistol in your home and ready to use go ahead and vote for your unconstitutional locked up requirement. I will pass thank you.

Did you lock your door?
/thread

You are responsible for you and yours. No new, unenforceable law is going to help if you don't respect the gun and teach your family to do the same. If you have any question about members of your family then take appropriate precautions.

That being said, I have a three YO boy and keep everything locked up.

"If a new bill was to be proposed making it so that every firearm owner in the United States had to have a safe and store his/her weapons in it I would whole-heartedly vote for it."

This is stupid.

Go look at some of the bs happening in Lowell, MA right now revolving around storage laws, and then come back and let such a terrible idea stand. This is just opening the door to pain and marginalization, basically doing the anti's work for them.

We are our own worst enemies out here on the left coast it seems.

If a new bill was to be proposed making it so that every firearm owner in the United States had to have a safe and store his/her weapons in it I would whole-heartedly vote for it. I believe that there are many irresponsible firearm owners who give us a bad reputation as a whole. Guns need to be locked up (minus a pistol in the nightstand with a trigger/cable lock)
Disagree with both but really disagree with locking a nightstand gun. A nightstand gun is similar to a carry gun. Both should be ready to use. I'd suggest a locking nightstand if people leave a gun in it during the day.

No point in making a new law that will be unenforceable unless you want to invite the ATF or FBI or whoever would be responsible for enforcing this into your home for an "inspection". I think I will pass.

One finger safe for bedstand. Swipe your finger over the top it reads your print or 5 other reconizable prints and opens with same swipe then loaded pistol is inside for the intruder. Wall safe for big guns or at least hard cased with cable locks. I belive in keeping my protection accessable. Children need to be thought how to use a weapon properly. And if I knew my brat was a little off.. which I would know I would instate new rules or not have guns around them. The person that takes a gun to a school was sick before they ever touched a gun. I would know if my kid was batbubblegum crazy an I should worry about my guns. An would get them help weather that meant a pshyc ward or jail.

I was wearing seat belts before " the man " told me that I had to wear a seat belt. The laws that will be passed regarding gun sales and the responsibilities that go along with them are for the millions of americans that have to be told what to do. ( can't think or act for themselves ) " You can't fix stupid "

"If a new bill was to be proposed making it so that every firearm owner in the United States had to have a safe and store his/her weapons in it I would whole-heartedly vote for it."

This is stupid.

Go look at some of the bs happening in Lowell, MA right now revolving around storage laws, and then come back and let such a terrible idea stand. This is just opening the door to pain and marginalization, basically doing the anti's work for them.

We are our own worst enemies out here on the left coast it seems.

I believe this is how California has it set up now...

One finger safe for bedstand. Swipe your finger over the top it reads your print or 5 other reconizable prints and opens with same swipe then loaded pistol is inside for the intruder.

Right. Or less expensively, GunVault has those bedside safes that you punch a four-digit combo into and they pop open. They're less than $100 (shipping included) on eBay.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top