JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Firearms Federation
OFF ALERT 07.28.12

GUN CONTROL DEBATE REVEALS THE LIES OF THE GUN GRABBERS

A MESSAGE FROM KEVIN STARRETT

Early this week, KATU TV in Portland invited me to debate Penny Okamoto of Ceasefire Oregon. I accepted. Soon thereafter they called back to tell me that if I came I would be required to leave my firearm unsecured in my car.

I declined their invitation. A few hours later, in a display of breathless ignorance, they called our Foundation seeking someone who would comply with this ridiculous and ignorant demand. Imagine their surprise when I answered the phone.

The following day they called again to ask if they could send a satellite truck to my home to tape the show remotely. I agreed. They opened the show, which will air tomorrow morning at 9 AM, with a somewhat lengthy explanation for why I was not in their studio.

Shortly into the debate Okamoto refers to the “guns Kevin has to kill people with...”

It’s interesting to note that this is the same idiot who says ""We need to stop selling these machine guns that are basically built just to kill humans”. Her website demands a ban on “assault weapon ammunition.” Despite Okamoto’s utter and staggering ignorance of the most basic facts, she was the best KATU could get.

In a press release posted on their website, KATU said: "According to Tamerlano, an employee pointed out that the company had a no-gun policy when Starrett wanted to bring his gun with him to the taping. The station then decided to strictly enforce the policy.”

To set the record straight, the only time a firearm came up was when KATU called back to inform me that I would have to agree to be disarmed, I never brought up carrying a gun when I initially agreed to participate. One has to wonder what they mean by "The station THEN decided to strictly enforce the policy.”

In the body of the press release, KATU includes this gem: "KATU's SVP and general manager, John Tamerlano, said Fisher Communications, which owns KATU, has had a no-gun policy since 9/11 that prohibits anyone from bringing a weapon onto its property. The only exception is given to law enforcement officers such as police officers or FBI agents.”

Why their paranoia about firearms does not extend to police is curious, but what is weirder is that they developed this policy as a result of 9/11. Would it not have made more sense to implement a company policy that prohibited anyone from crashing airliners into their studio?

The website release ends with this incomprehensible statement "This version corrects process in which the station decided to enforce the no-gun policy."

If you are in the KATU viewing area you can watch the entire sideshow tomorrow at 9 AM, but for the misleading press release and a short snip of the “debate” you can click on either of the following links:

<broken link removed>

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahah Penny is a moron. I didn't even have to watch the vid to know that a low life she is... but I did watch the vid and honestly I am not surprised. KATU is just another presstitute group out there. I am so glad I don't watch local brainwash media.... it's been three years since I watched TV and I'm smarter because of it. Good on Kevin for talking over the sheep. Next month I will donate some money to OFF for sure...

What do they say..."One step forward, two steps back"?

Watched...found the whole thing rather embarrassing. I am not really certain that Starrett's approach to discussion worked all that well.

What do they say..."One step forward, two steps back"?

Watched...found the whole thing rather embarrassing. I am not really certain that Starrett's approach to discussion worked all that well.

I agree. Kevin seems like a real nice guy. However his debate skills are lacking. The AK argument was not well thought out. We need to destroy the left with the facts and exploit there lies. You can do that without shouting people down and calling people an idiot.

My opinion is that, when a pro-gun person debates an anti-gunner on the government controlled news media, he is basically casting pearls before swine. And, NEVER, EVER should he agree to be taped! Taped interviews are easy to edit and can make you seem to say something that you did not. You have no control over the final showing of the tape; your adverary does.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top