JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

On the communist holiday of "May Day" the Oregon Senate passed, on an almost party line vote, the Boquist/Burdick gun grab, SB 719A. Senator Betsy Johnson was the only Democrat voting "no." Boquist was the only Republican voting "yes." The Democrats immediately issued a press release calling the vote "non-partisan."

Senator Boquist's floor speech revealed a very different interpretation of what "due process" is than what we believe.

Under this bill you get an opportunity to prove your innocence only after you have been punished with the confiscation of your property and the elimination of your rights.

Boquist claimed that "there is a process" for confiscating legally owned Class III items under this bill but neglected to say what it was. When we contacted ATF several weeks ago they said they knew of no such process and one Chief of Police told us he had no idea how this could be done legally.

We want to thank Senators Kim Thatcher, Dennis Linthicum and Alan Olsen for their testimony in opposition to this dangerous bill. We also want to thank Senators Girod and Kruse who along with Thatcher, Linthicum and Olsen approved and distributed a floor letter OFF wrote in opposition.

The bill now moves to the House where will do all we can to derail it. It's not clear at this point what committee it will be assigned to so please contact all Oregon House members to express your opposition to this assault on your rights.

Take action here.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

When you are found innocent or the case was a hoax, what does the courts tell you? Too bad. Next?
I also don't get the class 3 reference. Is this only NFA firearms?

As it stands today, as far as I believe, if my wife could convince the "authorities" I was going to hurt myself or others with guns the courts can already remove them. Why the need for more laws? It's like putting another speeding law on the books.

Because they hate guns and they pretty much hate the people who have them. They believe with all their hearts that they know what's best for us poor benighted folks better than we do.
Each increment of taking or attempting to take our basic rights adds to the last, eventually zeroing out our rights in whatever area they wish.
We already know their agenda, it's in Alinsky's book.
Tar and feathers may have to make a comeback or perhaps hanging in the public square.

All I know is if they come for mine, they better bring theirs.

Last Edited:
Another cherished amendment to the constitution is the right to protest. Why won't they make it illegal to wear masks while protesting? Yet they come up with new laws that will make it easy to abuse peoples right under the constitution. :s0054:

It's seems like a feeble attempt to see how we will react to confiscation, to qoute a transplant from CA that I know "They did not pass all these laws over night, they proceeded one small step at a time until everyone looked around and realized what had been lost". And that's how they are playing Oregon as well, you'll lose support if you outright try and ban or steal property but slow and steady and you'll have people backing you for the big move. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews