JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I'd have an interesting title :)

my favorite subgeneres of scifi is near future and apocalypse.

What if:
Ammo is banned
Magazine capacity is limited
Etc

I don't mind if there is a buyback I guess if I get market rate as of today.

What's another theme. Those seem sad.

giphy.gif

What if:
Ammo is banned
Etc

This is why you shouldn't get loaded before you start typing.:rolleyes:

What if:
Ammo is banned
Etc

Given "everything" going on today.... just WHO are they going to have enforce their feckless "orders" and "decrees"?

:rolleyes:

One can not 'Buyback" what one never owned...is my first thought.

But if you want to talk SciFi I really enjoy Robert A. Heinlein and Ray Bradbury.
Andy
Two of my top 5 Sci-fi writers. They got me hooked and into Harlan Ellison - then came George Orwell 1984 (to get this back on thread track).

I agree with the implausible "buyback" programs. I bought the guns with money that I earned, and one free EP9 from NWFA, and I will be damned if I am going to sell them to the Government. I will buy a leaky boat first.:s0140:

Turning just for a moment to rational debate.

I've given some thought to how any government buy-backs might be administered. Wondering how compensation (just or otherwise) would be attempted.

My thinking, keep your receipts. Some anus might say something like, "How do we know how much you paid for it?" Without receipts, they might come to some kind of arbitrary, artificially low payout amount. Under such conditions, it might be very difficult to establish a market price. Of sometime that was shortly going to become official contraband. Of those owners willing to sell, some might agree to anything. Others might try to hold out for some kind of top dollar. I submit it would be chaotic.

Turning just for a moment to rational debate.

I've given some thought to how any government buy-backs might be administered. Wondering how compensation (just or otherwise) would be attempted.

My thinking, keep your receipts. Some anus might say something like, "How do we know how much you paid for it?" Without receipts, they might come to some kind of arbitrary, artificially low payout amount. Under such conditions, it might be very difficult to establish a market price. Of sometime that was shortly going to become official contraband. Of those owners willing to sell, some might agree to anything. Others might try to hold out for some kind of top dollar. I submit it would be chaotic.
Maybe buy a "Blue Book of Gun Values," or find similar guns sold on Gunbroker or Armslist. This would be especially helpful now that gun prices are up. Even with a receipt, it is now used and has lost value.

Back to the leaky boat.

I would not accept any amount of money from the government for my firearm. (For many reasons) You guys have to consider how fiat currency works. No matter what the dollar's value is, my tangible asset of a firearm will have real value forever.

Anyone dumb enough to be bribed by the national treasury, (the same one that you, if you pay taxes, already pay into) congratulations, you just took money out of your pocket, handed it to .gov, they handed it back and bought your gun.

I've always thought, if the government wants to disarm the populace, it's because they want to do things they worry they could get shot over.

Welcome to the forum op, but having just joined in July 2020 and already saying you would be ok with a buy back.... We're clearly cut from different cloth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top