JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they ban ammo I'll be sad that I only have the makings for enough ammo for my great grandkids to enjoy target shooting and hunting. As well as the generations inbetween.

I have been adding to my stash since 1980 and have consistently bought slow and steady more then I could possibly use so now 40 years later I have run out of storage room.

If they ban ammo I'll be sad that I only have the makings for enough ammo for my great grandkids to enjoy target shooting and hunting. As well as the generations inbetween.

I have been adding to my stash since 1980 and have consistently bought slow and steady more then I could possibly use so now 40 years later I have run out of storage room.

(Slow clap) Grandfather's like you are the best.

Maybe buy a "Blue Book of Gun Values," or find similar guns sold on Gunbroker or Armslist. This would be especially helpful now that gun prices are up. Even with a receipt, it is now used and has lost value.

Yeah, I guess these would be of some value, although markets have been erratic for some guns and AR's in particular. Would be even moreso once the buy-back process began. As mentioned, AR prices have yo-yo'ed some. Once Trump got into office, prices really nose-dived and have stayed there until lately. It didn't take long for $800 rifles to become $400 rifles. So a receipt for a $400 rifle wouldn't be the way to go.

If a buy-back does come about, compensation will be a squishy subject, I'd think. On the one hand, the owners want as much as they can get but you can imagine that the government will want to pay as little as they can get by with. Think about dealing with insurance claims. "Replacement cost" is a term that comes to mind.

Thanks for the reading suggestions. KBB and Bradbury are good ideas. Used to be so into Land of the Lost watched it as an adult wasn't as good as I remembered. Star Blazers although is far out in addition to Fantastic Planet. The Last Question is a fun quick read.

In terms of resale, I've only been watching Gun Broker periodically over the past 4 months. My interest comes from starting to collect LE and military firearms. Some are NIB.

For instance one firearm I'd like to have is a SAA which has increased Approximately $700 in a few months.

This forum is definitely interesting with the personality types. Some folks are chill and helpful, some grouchy.Visiting here is like going to an audio forum and people getting into extensive debates about analog vs digital or Gibson vs Fender.

We could have two people arguing about which type of bike is more fun a supermoto or a motocross setup. Eh maybe just go get out and ride.

I know it's a challenging time. My parents are getting old and only see what's going on in the news. What does your life look like now? For me, roads blocked by protesters, fires a coupleblocks away, murders in my neighborhood, and I was assaulted in the daytime last week in the middle of the afternoon on a ride in the park. This was a hate and bias crime.

For the first time last week I open carried. I had mixed emotions. I felt different. Good and bad. I don't want to be fearful for my life walking to the market at night to get milk at 9:15pm.

I've spoken with PPB officers. The message that stood out was protect yourself and stay out of trouble. The topic that stood out the most was community. We need to come together not hate on others because they are different.

I think we should have a sub forum for people who like Colt. We might talk about Wilson Combat engineering or deals at Brownells. That Mossburg 500 you had as a kid yeah that is decent I have one too, but no Colt is the only way.

A better life awaits you in the off world colonies.

I would sell them this one at "buyback" event.

ctyp_bogusgunbuyback.jpg

As many have pointed out they can't buy back what they didn't own in the first place. So if they really want to buy firearms, the market place is open. They can visit gun shows, online classifieds, etc and buy all the firearms they want. But don't use my tax dollars for it, use Soros or Bloomberg dollars for the gun purchase efforts.

Turning just for a moment to rational debate.

I've given some thought to how any government buy-backs might be administered. Wondering how compensation (just or otherwise) would be attempted.

My thinking, keep your receipts. Some anus might say something like, "How do we know how much you paid for it?" Without receipts, they might come to some kind of arbitrary, artificially low payout amount. Under such conditions, it might be very difficult to establish a market price. Of sometime that was shortly going to become official contraband. Of those owners willing to sell, some might agree to anything. Others might try to hold out for some kind of top dollar. I submit it would be chaotic.

It happened twice here in UK.

In 1987, ALL centrefire semi-auto rifles were banned. We were each offered £150 each for them. As the owner of a H&K PSG1, and M1A and a FAL, among others, totalling some £11000 at that time, I was less than impressed. They all went elsewhere in Europe.

In 1997, ALL cartridge-firing handguns were banned in England, Scotland and Wales after the Dunblane Massacre, where a pedophile who was allowed by the police to have guns slaughtered sixteen first-grade kids and their teacher. In this case, the government bought back every legally-owned handgun for the market value on the day. That also included ammunition, empty cases and accessories. Anything special, like two of mine, had to be assessed by an authorised valuer. I kept my extremely valuable Walther PP in 9mmK, as issued to thr vienna Special branch police force and still in the issued holster, and two Lugers. Also four other revolvers. I had Dr Jurek Free Pistol serial #2 and a Walther Olympia .22 target pistol used in the 1936 Olympic games - they cost the government a LOT of money and are now part of the National collection at the Royal Armouries in Leeds. One day I might go visit them.

The bill, in the end, after admin costs and all the other tacked-on costs, was just about £90 Million - for 53,000 guns. Yep, that's ALL there were in great Britain - just 53,000 or so legally-owned handguns.

Thought I'd have an interesting title :)

my favorite subgeneres of scifi is near future and apocalypse.

What if:
Ammo is banned
Magazine capacity is limited
Etc

I don't mind if there is a buyback I guess if I get market rate as of today.

What's another theme. Those seem sad.

I'll answer with a question....
What if they held government mandated "Buy-Backs" in cities across the country, and nobody came?

They're gonna run out of those pretty fast.... :rolleyes:
It happened twice here in UK.

In 1987, ALL centrefire semi-auto rifles were banned. We were each offered £150 each for them. As the owner of a H&K PSG1, and M1A and a FAL, among others, totalling some £11000 at that time, I was less than impressed. They all went elsewhere in Europe.

In 1997, ALL cartridge-firing handguns were banned in England, Scotland and Wales after the Dunblane Massacre, where a pedophile who was allowed by the police to have guns slaughtered sixteen first-grade kids and their teacher. In this case, the government bought back every legally-owned handgun for the market value on the day. That also included ammunition, empty cases and accessories. Anything special, like two of mine, had to be assessed by an authorised valuer. I kept my extremely valuable Walther PP in 9mmK, as issued to thr vienna Special branch police force and still in the issued holster, and two Lugers. Also four other revolvers. I had Dr Jurek Free Pistol serial #2 and a Walther Olympia .22 target pistol used in the 1936 Olympic games - they cost the government a LOT of money and are now part of the National collection at the Royal Armouries in Leeds. One day I might go visit them.

The bill, in the end, after admin costs and all the other tacked-on costs, was just about £90 Million - for 53,000 guns. Yep, that's ALL there were in great Britain - just 53,000 or so legally-owned handguns.
I wonder what my 1st edition Home Built Anderson AR15 is worth:)

... just WHO are they going to have enforce their feckless "orders" and "decrees"?

:rolleyes:
Defund police and close the jails?
Those dummies know that cuts both ways, right?
Defund law enforcement equals declaring open season on people WE find objectionable too... when those who respect the law and its potential for consequences no longer respect either, the gloves come off. When that happens it's not gonna be about paintball guns and improvised weapons anymore.

I'm not sure if they've thought this through...

So, Civil War ll is over and our side won... now what?
Make America great again, or reshape it into something else? Who's in control? What's left? Does the country go all law-of-the-jungle or restore order?
After the destruction and decimation of the USA, are the victors righteous, virtuous, and worthy of power or are they just the strongest?

Yep... all storylines that edge anywhere near the truth are sad.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top