JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Dont get me wrong here, Im not advocating this action (if indeed it is actually an action). I can agree with most everything your post mentioned, and am not only interested in hearing opinions that support this idea, but that refute it as well. As I said, I am merely attempting to get to the bottom of this information. If this is actually happening, I can see many things that would make it not go over very well in the US. Thanks, tree.

You want for/against opinion and discussion? are you some crazy person? you can't do that here! ... :s0131:

personally the more I read it the more it looks like a crock but what would be worse is if they try it and epic-fail, it'll just make A: things worse on the rest of us law-abiding rebelious types, and B: a media poo-storm that'll end up digging up info on every self-proclaimed "militia group" in the country, and not in the good way.

Well, I have yet to see any evidence of it not being true......

I guess we'll have to wait until wednesday the 31st to see if any of this comes to fruition. In the mean time I will continue to look for anything that will prove or disprove this information, and post whatever I find here.

Here is some really interesting info on this, not sure if it completely closes the case on this deal, but it sure doesn't help it's credibility at all....

http://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2010/02/the-restore-america-plan-trap.html

There is no such thing as forming grand juries of citizens according to the Constitution. Federal grand juries are drawn from the jury pool in each Federal Court's district. The grand jurors are selected after answering a few questions such as are you a citizen and have you been convicted of a felony, and then, the court empanels the grand jury. State grand juries are empanelled in the same way.

There is no authority to get a group of citizens together and call it a grand jury. In fact, when people have done so, there have been some prosecutions of the citizens forming the citizens grand juries because it is a felony to issue a document which purports to be issued by the courts when in fact it is not. There were prosecutions in Texas, Montana, and Florida about 15 years ago when the Feds used this BS to undermine interest in the power of grand juries.

The current citizens grand jury BS is being spread by Tim Turner, Sam Kennedy and also by some outfit called the American Grand Jury system. Since these people claim to have done some research, it is unbelievable that they don't know how grand juries are empanelled and that their tactic may result in some people being arrested if they are stupid enough to send out any document claiming to be an official court document such as a subpoena for example. I know a couple of people who believe this BS, and I asked them to provide me any case law to support these claims. I still haven't seen any.

That quote is, by far, the most reasonable thing I've seen so far in this thread. This is all just another example of the kind of psuedo-legal BS that's been landing foolish tax protestors and militia members in jail for the last three decades.

Long winded conspiracy theories tend to descend into the standard "us" versus "them" arguments that only get heated the longer they are allowed to continue. While the topic is interesting it does violate the following rule:

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

For conservative discussion, check out <broken link removed>

For liberal discussion, check out www.DemocraticUnderground.com

...therefore I am closing this thread.

To the OP and others who may be interested in discussing these sorts of topics, please visit the site(s) mentioned above.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads