JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it works it's a decent rifle if it does'nt it's a pos :s0159: It's an average priced AR with a unknown to most name I would'nt expect too high of a resale value

Unknown name? LAR "Grizzly" is unknown? :s0114:

Messrs Larisch, Augat and Robinson would be disappointed to hear that after nearly 50 years in the firearms business, there are still shooters unaware of their contribution to the design, development and manufacture of modern firearms.
Actually, the only original member of the trio, Heinz Augat is still around and running the show... as are his kids, and two of the Larisch sons as well.

They've been making complete guns for over 30 years and made M16 receivers as far back as the late '60s. They created and manufactured the LAR MkI Grizzly .45Win Mag. handgun and the original .50 BMG Grizzly rifle. They manufacture one of the slickest AR upper assemblies around... and they have manufactured uppers, lowers and parts for a large number of "AR assemblers" over the years.
I've personally owned 2 LAR handguns, 1 .50 BMG rifle and have built 3 ARs using their uppers and/or lowers... one of which used their brilliant OPS-4 upper.

So... to answer your question Levi, yes it's a first class rifle. The reason you seldom hear about LAR rifles is they're too busy manufacturing AR parts for those "AR assembler" companies to make their own line on a regular basis.

If you think it's a POS... I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :s0155:

C

Messrs Larisch, Augat and Robinson would be disappointed to hear that after nearly 50 years in the firearms business, there are still shooters unaware of their contribution to the design, development and manufacture of modern firearms.
Actually, the only original member of the trio, Heinz Augat is still around and running the show... as are his kids, and two of the Larisch sons as well.

They've been making complete guns for over 30 years and made M16 receivers as far back as the late '60s. They created and manufactured the LAR MkI Grizzly .45Win Mag. handgun and the original .50 BMG Grizzly rifle. They manufacture one of the slickest AR upper assemblies around... and they have manufactured uppers, lowers and parts for a large number of "AR assemblers" over the years.
I've personally owned 2 LAR handguns, 1 .50 BMG rifle and have built 3 ARs using their uppers and/or lowers... one of which used their brilliant OPS-4 upper.

So... to answer your question Levi, yes it's a first class rifle. The reason you seldom hear about LAR rifles is they're too busy manufacturing AR parts for those "AR assembler" companies to make their own line on a regular basis.

C

If you ask the average gun owner/majority of gun owners to name 5 top AR builders I'm thinking colt,noveske,bushmaster,les baer,s&w,stag,rock river,olympic would come up a lot more often then Grizzly. Generally the bigger the name the bigger the price and the resale value.:s0159: Is it really a big deal saying they invented a caliber that only firearms they manufactured were chambered in other then very few 45 win mag fanboys that had custom guns built ??? Saying grizzly built the first grizzly 50bmg is like saying savage built the first savage rifle it's just pointless. Even in your reply the say they are seldom heard of. If you never hear of a company that would make them ???? UNKNOWN

C
I know this is an old post, but I'll GLADLY sell you grizzly ar15 .556. It is an absolute POS. No wonder they got bought out and aren't around anymore. I can barely run a resizing die down the case without lifting my entire body off the ground. The cases are coming out swollen and the chamber is soooo sloppy you can hear the live round jingling in the chamber.

I know this is an old post, but I'll GLADLY sell you grizzly ar15 .556. It is an absolute POS. No wonder they got bought out and aren't around anymore. I can barely run a resizing die down the case without lifting my entire body off the ground. The cases are coming out swollen and the chamber is soooo sloppy you can hear the live round jingling in the chamber.

I didn't have a chance to shoot it until about 6 months after I bought it. It took another two years before I started saving brass for reloading the few times that I shot it, when I discovered the problem. Before that, the entire gas key came loose and split a case lengthways. The cute little dimples across the gas key don't cut it. I had to take it to a real "assembler" that manufactures many of their own parts including their patented keymod firestorm and have them re-stake the gas key with an actual staking machine. Not the tent stake they hit with a hammer at grizzly

I think my 45Win mag is a really nice firearm. LAR refurb my FN-Fal.. what a great job they did.. Way better than new. The win mag has 3 complete interchangeable assemblies 357mag, 10mm and the 45win mag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top