JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there,

Well I've been in the area almost 2 years now and I find myself reading many NWFA threads in the course of my research so I figured "heck set up an account." I moved here for work after getting a couple engineering degrees in western CO. I grew up moving around a lot but mostly to and from rural areas. Most of my firearms experience as a youth was in the context of hunting and sighting-in rifles (most commonly 25-06). Almost never any handguns and the occasional shotgun for birds.

I went to college in a more typically suburban setting and was able to afford my first handgun when I was in my first year of grad school (XDm .40, thank you state grants :D). And I actually had a carry permit for almost a year before if that makes any sense. Since then I don't think a day went by where I didn't learn something new in the realm of firearms or 2A rights. Still, I consider myself pretty intermediate on the subject except when it comes to safety. And I haven't hunted really since high school.

I've been pretty active in the midst of recent misguided attempts for public safety/people control...whatever a politician's motives may be. Donations, emails to congressmen, challenging antis, rally attendance...but most importantly I have taken at least 4 first-timers out for a safety lesson and target shooting in the last few months. Even scored an RRA AR15 for $950 "out the door" despite the hoopla...

Ok I've rambled enough. Approaching TL;DR. Feel free to talk at me.

In Bremerton now. I lived in downtown Seattle for 6 months but got sick of the high rent, long ferry commute, and the uppity attitudes. Packing my gun cases up to the top floor got me some awesome looks.

I ordered that AR back in Sept during the presidential debates...call it foresight. Didn't arrive until the end of January though. My FFL was somewhat sad I didn't flake since in the recent market he could have got a lot more for a rifle he quoted me at $25 above his cost + tax. There was NO WAY I was backing out of that deal.

EDIT: My first post should read "a couple engineering degrees in Eastern, CO." I went to HS in Western, CO.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top