JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there,

Well I've been in the area almost 2 years now and I find myself reading many NWFA threads in the course of my research so I figured "heck set up an account." I moved here for work after getting a couple engineering degrees in western CO. I grew up moving around a lot but mostly to and from rural areas. Most of my firearms experience as a youth was in the context of hunting and sighting-in rifles (most commonly 25-06). Almost never any handguns and the occasional shotgun for birds.

I went to college in a more typically suburban setting and was able to afford my first handgun when I was in my first year of grad school (XDm .40, thank you state grants :D). And I actually had a carry permit for almost a year before if that makes any sense. Since then I don't think a day went by where I didn't learn something new in the realm of firearms or 2A rights. Still, I consider myself pretty intermediate on the subject except when it comes to safety. And I haven't hunted really since high school.

I've been pretty active in the midst of recent misguided attempts for public safety/people control...whatever a politician's motives may be. Donations, emails to congressmen, challenging antis, rally attendance...but most importantly I have taken at least 4 first-timers out for a safety lesson and target shooting in the last few months. Even scored an RRA AR15 for $950 "out the door" despite the hoopla...

Ok I've rambled enough. Approaching TL;DR. Feel free to talk at me.

In Bremerton now. I lived in downtown Seattle for 6 months but got sick of the high rent, long ferry commute, and the uppity attitudes. Packing my gun cases up to the top floor got me some awesome looks.

I ordered that AR back in Sept during the presidential debates...call it foresight. Didn't arrive until the end of January though. My FFL was somewhat sad I didn't flake since in the recent market he could have got a lot more for a rifle he quoted me at $25 above his cost + tax. There was NO WAY I was backing out of that deal.

EDIT: My first post should read "a couple engineering degrees in Eastern, CO." I went to HS in Western, CO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top