Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Greetings from SE PDX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dude young, Dec 30, 2010.

1. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

Hi all,

I am Steve. Found this site on a recommendation from a friend. I am looking to buy my first pistol and he thought I could get allot of info here. My wife and I do allot of hiking in bear, cat, and scumbag country. I hunt and have had a couple close calls with cats and bears. I used to work downtown by the train station and had a couple, too many brushes with dealers and users.

Starting the CCL process, too.

When I am not doing those things, I work (surveyor), brew beer, obsess too much about football. (NY Giants fan)

I am not much of a "poster" but will certainly ask questions and appreciate all the info I have already gotten and expect to get.

2. centerfire

centerfire Vancouver Member

Welcome in Steve.

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA!

4. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You hike in scumbag country too? Any favorite hikes?:D I remember a bunch of people trying to sell me stuff when I was in that area too.

Welcome to the forum.

6. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

Welcome from a fellow "SE" inhabitant.

7. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Welcome, CHL process is not that bad, if you are in SE, you are in Mult. Co., so that may be a bit longer process than here in Clack. Co., but it's still not bad.

8. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! And a Happy New Year to all of you.

Drew, I love to hike Forest Park when not in the mood to drive a ways. Just too many unwanted hiking partners "camping" out there. But, my favorite hike thus far is the trail to Tom, Dick, & Harry.

simpleguy, I am sure that, much like everything else that involves the gov't, the process will be quick and painless :bluelaugh: :laugh: :bluelaugh: Really, I am not that worried. I can open carry until then, and really, most of the remote hikes we do, I'll open carry anyway.