JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was just out on FS-70. Looked like a trash dump. I picked up what I could but someone is really abusing the area. Shells, plastic sleds, CAR SEATS? A pond close to the site had a lovely (slick) of, I have to guess motor oil floating on it. Looked like oil, smelled like oil and the gallon jug of Castrol hung from a tree and shot to piss was a clue too.

I used to shoot here allot. I moved to Portland for ten years and just recently I'm back in the Seattle area. First time back to FS-70. Worst shape I've ever seen it.

The mess these punks left (and similar behavior) is not good for those of us who like to shoot outdoors. Disappointing..:huh:

Sad but true. I can't even go up there anymore, it's a mess.
We used to clean up the shooting pit a few times every summer and it was mostly just shotgun shells and make shift target stands.
Now it's appliances, rotten mattresses and actual piles of garbage in what used to be quiet clean camp sites on dead end roads.

Wouldn't suprise me one bit if they simply shut it all down to the general public to minimize the dumping and save money.
Hate to see access to Little Naches Trail close but thats where this is headed if people keep duping trash and shooting across the roads and rivers.

It happened last summer on the I-90 corridor and nobody thought it would.
Every single spur road is now is gated or tank trapped, no shooting whatsoever anywhere in the area. First offense is a $250 fine, even for a .22LR.
Trash dumping and complaints from hikers that bullets were whizzing by was all it took.

Just one $15,000 hazmat clean up of an abandonded travel trailer used as a meth lab could be the nail in the coffin for ol' FS70.

If that's how it's gonna be, I say close it.. In fact, if this is the kind of shooter we are gonna be faced with, I'm for man. back ground checks!! Seriously, if they disrespect the wild areas like that, I hope to just keep them away. And rather not have people like them owning firearms. Never, ever thought I would even write something like that.. But the pigs that are doing this are pigs!

I actually posted a thread but wasn't paying attention to were I posted it. I would like to get a large group together and make an event out of it. Something along the lines of a BBQ/fun shoot and clean up. There are unconfirmed rumors that they may try to change that area into a recreational zone and would eliminate the ability for us to shoot there. Here is a link to my original post:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ne...31097-anyone-interested-greenwater-event.html

I'm in.
Riding the Desert 100 this weekend in Odessa but glad to meet up for another cleanup on 70 in the near future.
Not sure if the snowpark gate at the turnaround john is open yet.

If anyone has a friend in the Forest Service dept it would be a huge plus if they could bring a big truck or flat bed trailer for hauling out trash.
I'd be glad to supply heavy trash bags and free labor. I drive a Wrangler so my haul out capacity is limited but I can round up a few buddies to help and drive them there.

I just moved to Puyallup and I'd love to help out. I was planning on checking out this pit this weekend. I've never been up that way before... does anyone know if I can expect any trouble on the roads getting up there?

I've got a shortbed Tacoma so can't fit too much in the back. I'd be more than happy to get together out there.

I just moved to Puyallup and I'd love to help out. I was planning on checking out this pit this weekend. I've never been up that way before... does anyone know if I can expect any trouble on the roads getting up there?

I've got a shortbed Tacoma so can't fit too much in the back. I'd be more than happy to get together out there.

I was there two weeks ago, snow was all gone. I had no probs in my corolla. When there's snow, I take my 4x4
BTW also new to puyallup myself.

I've got a great 4wd truck and even chains, but I'm not feelin like chaining up in Apr to go plinkin' haha. I might still check it out and I'll let everyone know what it's like this week.

It's a blight on the shooting community.
Every outdoors spot I used to frequent has become a massive trash dump.
I've been going to a private range, but a few weeks ago a friend invites me to go to our old spot that we haven't shot at in a few years... well, this is what we found:
screenshot2013041816572.png
(Bad picture, I know. It's a screen shot of a slow-motion cell phone video)

We shot for a little while, packed up, and cleaned for a good hour, barely making a dent.

This more than anything is what is going to force recreational shooters to indoor ranges.

Man, that's frustrating! What gets me is that people drive so far out of their way to dump a mattress when I see waste transfer stations all over the place.

That really upsets me. Is your picture from WA?

Man, that's frustrating! What gets me is that people drive so far out of their way to dump a mattress when I see waste transfer stations all over the place.

That really upsets me. Is your picture from WA?

This one is in Oregon, but it's just as bad across the border.
The last place I went to in Vancouver had vending machines that had been shot up and scattered over a half acre.
It really is disgusting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads