JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have they closed 70 outside greenwater down to shooting?

Saw Sheriffs dept, State Patrol, Forest Service and two unmarked SUV's with tinted windows and gov issued plates in the FS70 area last weekend.

We've been camping off FS70 and taking the Jeeps through Little Naches and over the pass for over ten years now and I've never seen a LEO up there.
Rarely do I ever see Rangers, 8 or more LEO's in one day made us think something was going on. Looking for someone or closing stuff down? Didn't ask.

We were just wheeling around in the Jeeps so we didn't have any guns.

Gravel pit 8 miles up was oddly vacant when we drove by.
Saw a white Yukon backed up into the trail on the high left side but none of the typical target shooters were there.

Seemed unusual, thought I'd ask if anyone here has heard anything.

We spent the holiday weekend up there and heard quite a bit of gunfire. Several new signs up on the spur roads before the National forest borderline.
Must not have been clearly defined what areas were in or outside the park.
Plenty of people up the gravel pit. Clearly open up there. Some large shoot safely red signs were put up.
timber land, some spots along the river and roads close to hwy 410 are now posted off limits to target shooting. They were never open to shooting to begin with since they are outside the national forest border but we saw some freshly posted signs.

Its open as of 9/21/12

My friends and i went up there to try out my new AK and while shooting a sheriff stopped bye and chatted with us for a bit.

I will say it was FILTHY though! a shot up TV, car amplifiers, and several plywood stands. We packed out what we could but i was driving my commuter car so we couldn't take the TV or the amps.

I just got a new scope for the AK so ill be driving my truck up there sometime this week and if all that crap is still there ill try to pack it out, in my attempt to get a bronze membership for cleaning up after ignorant pigs.

That was my experinece as well. We brought shoot n-c target but I was a little suprised at all the garbage. Took what we could out in our Wranglers.
Sheriff stopped by but didn't talk to us, he was busy with a couple guys on quads that came down the side road from above the pit. Not the smartest place to ride, down range.
I think with the current extreme fire danger shooting in clear cuts and areas outside the gravel pit might just be temporarily shut down.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top