JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So no complaints about the "Golden Bullets"? I don't shoot much .22, and only in a couple of late '40s-early '50s vintage tube fed bolt actions. I'm kind of stocking up in case we get into another dark time. I'd pick up a "Bucket O' Golden" if there's been no issues with them.

As far as Bimart caving to pressure to restrict gun sales to 18 YO. Be a shame to try and put your neighbors and friends out of work wouldn't it? Local company, paying local taxes, employing local people, that like the company and have a stake in the company. They have very low employee turnover. They've already had to close their pharmacies, partly due to increased taxes/fees imposed buy our "Overlords", as I understand it. Yeah, let us get another company like that, out of business. :s0155:
:s0039:
Re golden bullets, they r much more reliable than Remington .22 of the past. I do find them to be quite dirty compared to many of the federal offerings and I no longer shoot it for that reason (although reliability is good).

My recommendation is to go with the champion value pack (pic pasted below). On sale it's 3.6 - 4 cpr. It's very reliable and accurate and really clean burning. Also a video from 22 plinkster on that ammo for reference.

4063F9A5-2DE1-4B8C-9B81-8ADA700C9DE7.jpeg

Re golden bullets, they r much more reliable than Remington .22 of the past. I do find them to be quite dirty compared to many of the federal offerings and I no longer shoot it for that reason (although reliability is good).

My recommendation is to go with the champion value pack (pic pasted below). On sale it's 3.6 - 4 cpr. It's very reliable and accurate and really clean burning. Also a video from 22 plinkster on that ammo for reference.

View attachment 664561

I have a couple of those 525 packs under the bed. those were on sale. Good to hear those aren't the craptastic Federal I'm reading about. I'll keep watch for those to go on again. One of those bolt rifles seems to be sensitive about lead chambering, so I'm tending to go with jacketed . Not so sure I care THAT much about dirty .22lr. Aren't .22s supposed to be dirty all the time anyway? :D Dirty isn't so much an issue with a bolt action like it is with a semi-auto.

I have a couple of those 525 packs under the bed. those were on sale. Good to hear those aren't the craptastic Federal I'm reading about. I'll keep watch for those to go on again. One of those bolt rifles seems to be sensitive about lead chambering, so I'm tending to go with jacketed . Not so sure I care THAT much about dirty .22lr. Aren't .22s supposed to be dirty all the time anyway? :D Dirty isn't so much an issue with a bolt action like it is with a semi-auto.
Next time we get together I'll let you shoot various different Ammo's through the suppressed semi. You'll get a very clear picture of what ammo is better than others in that scenario. Golden bullet is gassy and dirty. That black pack Federal stuff isn't much better. I'll still buy both though! Simply because it's sub $0.04 a round.

Otherwise bolt action rifles don't have the same issues. Yes, cheap ammo still gunks them up much faster, but at least the feeding issues aren't present.

Most of the issues are inconsistent powder charges. So velocities are all over the place and that's no good for semis. It's also not very good for precision work. However if your simply plinking, which is the main purpose of inexpensive 22lr, that's not that big of a deal.

Otherwise bolt action rifles don't have the same issues. Yes, cheap ammo still gunks them up much faster, but at least the feeding issues aren't present.

Cleaning isn't THAT much of a chore if all you have to do is hit the barrel. Getting into the "workings" in a semi auto is much more work.

Man, I know you go through some .22lr! You should be the resident pro on which brands shoot what way. :D

Cleaning isn't THAT much of a chore if all you have to do is hit the barrel. Getting into the "workings" in a semi auto is much more work.

Man, I know you go through some .22lr! You should be the resident pro on which brands shoot what way. :D
Lol!

Don't discount fully disassembling and cleaning a bolt action after a few hundred to thousand rounds of 22lr. I shot mine a few weeks ago, to the point the striker stopped working as the gun was so gunked up.

Lol!

Don't discount fully disassembling and cleaning a bolt action after a few hundred to thousand rounds of 22lr. I shot mine a few weeks ago, to the point the striker stopped working as the gun was so gunked up.

Oh I realize. The difference is we will shoot what you do in a couple range trips, in 2-3 years. If not more. :s0114:

No, I 'm afraid it will become more concentrated and virulent until it implodes.

What is interesting to me is all the comments about Californian's moving to and changing neighboring states. Most of what I see personally is conservative leaning folks looking to flee oppressive laws and taxes. This, if true, does not explain the Democrat take over of neighboring governorships and legislators who are pushing or exceeding California leftist lunacies.

We're not seeing that big red wave coming from the south yet. Just the opposite, our county just this year turned majority democrat after years of CA influx. Even a long time R congressman decided not to run again.
I don't blame anyone for getting out. We left the east coast pit 40+ years ago. But I think the conservative types would more likely to head a little farther east to Idaho or Wy. That's the direction of the R flight from around here anyway.

I see it different. It's easy to not patronize a business we don't need or use. But when they have good ammo deals, then folks make excuses about why a certain business should not be held to the same standards we impose on others.

Accept the chipping away at our rights a little bit at a time, and we say, oh, that's not so bad. Pretty soon there will be no chips left. Oh, but then we'll still blame somebody else.

This takes me back several decades to my Mother saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face". Sometimes that is hard to live up to when you particularly detest a store.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top