JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you like them better than the Magpuls?

I like the Manticores and PSAs a lot from the price point over stock CZs but honestly haven't tried the Magpuls in mine. I think Magpuls are selling for $5-10 more locally than what I got from Preppers and PSA's special Scorpion run this summer. At those prices I could load my 15 mags and run half a case at the range without pulling out my Maglula loader.

I like the Manticores and PSAs a lot from the price point over stock CZs but honestly haven't tried the Magpuls in mine. I think Magpuls are selling for $5-10 more locally than what I got from Preppers and PSA's special Scorpion run this summer. At those prices I could load my 15 mags and run half a case at the range without pulling out my Maglula loader.
Thanks!

I have a Stribog roller delayed A3 and a Scorpion, shoot them both with and without suppressors. For me, the Stribog handles and shoots better- it feels better balanced and better in the hand than the Scorpion, but I have delicately small hands so YMMV. So far no functional issues but I haven't put more than a couple hundred through it. The trigger was already pretty good, but I put HBI trigger springs in mine, worth the $10- definately crisper and lighter. Mines a recall gun so I'm waiting on GP to send a pickup tag.

The Scorpion I bought here on the classifieds and the seller had already replaced the trigger, pistol grip and safeties. I replaced the handguard and changed out the SBA folder for the Manticore slider- not sure that was a great idea, but the good thing about the Scorpion is that it is CHEAP* to get it pretty good- There's also a lot of used guns that have most of the useful upgrades done, plus takeoff parts and spares floating around , although some of the covid pricing is hilarious...
No problems with reliability or accuracy, and straight blowback in a 4 1/2lb, almost shouldered pistol is hardly going to knock you off your feet, but it doesn't feel as quick as the Stribog. Still love it though.

I got a dozen of the clear Manticore mags; in about 1/2 I got spring bind somewhere between the 15 and 20 round mark loading them. I've got then nicely lubed, but nothing to slip in there :(

And if you need to take off the barrel nut-either buy the wrench or blow torch it first, I totally f'ed mine up trying to brute force it.

IMG_9515.jpg

Half the fun of having firearms personally is being able to fiddle F them yourself till you know it inside and out and have it running the way you like them. Chipped my teeth doing this with my 70Series 1911's 40 years ago and too stubborn or cheap to stop today. It's a lot like working up and dialing in your own hand loads for your pet guns. If I screw up a trigger or install too light a spring, I can learn from my mistakes and get it right. Upgrading a few things on my Scorpion didn't take long, cost much and I've run literally thousands of rounds through it without a single failure. No offense to more expensive PCC's but I'll take basic blowback action, quick n easy mods, and pure functionality anytime. The Scorpion to me just runs like an old Detroit Diesel engine, not purdy but cranks like a top.

Last Edited:
CZ Scorpion by a long shot.

Own them all. SIG MPX, HK SP5K, HK SP5, B&T APC9-SD

The CZ hands down is the best value to performance. I love my HKs, they rock but at the cost of three CZs nope. I love my B&Ts, again at the cost of 3 CZs nope. The Scorpion just works, loves any ammo you give it and just rocks on.

Get the CZ and dont look back. (Then get a HK, because ya $$ but dam they are nice)

Scorpion far right on form 1 with binary trigger. Hands down the most fun of the three, at easily half the $.
CF0D8A76-B0DF-461C-A8CC-E6241A828324.jpeg

I'd like to try out a stribog... I've owed the CZ, then the Sig MPX K copperhead, and now have a B&T GMH9.... my favorite overall is the B&T, but the Sig was close second. Lots of options for reconfiguring the B&T but it's spendy...the brace alone was over $600 and it will painfully consume your moostash hairso_O
For overall value and aftermarket support the Scorpion is the way to go.
PCC's are addictive.
D56923BA-D895-4D85-9B8A-6B5FC68EEAAE.jpeg 727931F8-8277-4A3D-B1DC-333DD09C4A49.jpeg 44FD9948-8479-42C5-BE6D-2089DB6A9357.jpeg 77534247-0217-4F61-AA3F-306FDB188180.jpeg

I have a Stribog roller delayed A3 and a Scorpion, shoot them both with and without suppressors. For me, the Stribog handles and shoots better- it feels better balanced and better in the hand than the Scorpion, but I have delicately small hands so YMMV. So far no functional issues but I haven't put more than a couple hundred through it. The trigger was already pretty good, but I put HBI trigger springs in mine, worth the $10- definately crisper and lighter. Mines a recall gun so I'm waiting on GP to send a pickup tag.

The Scorpion I bought here on the classifieds and the seller had already replaced the trigger, pistol grip and safeties. I replaced the handguard and changed out the SBA folder for the Manticore slider- not sure that was a great idea, but the good thing about the Scorpion is that it is CHEAP* to get it pretty good- There's also a lot of used guns that have most of the useful upgrades done, plus takeoff parts and spares floating around , although some of the covid pricing is hilarious...
No problems with reliability or accuracy, and straight blowback in a 4 1/2lb, almost shouldered pistol is hardly going to knock you off your feet, but it doesn't feel as quick as the Stribog. Still love it though.

I got a dozen of the clear Manticore mags; in about 1/2 I got spring bind somewhere between the 15 and 20 round mark loading them. I've got then nicely lubed, but nothing to slip in there :(

And if you need to take off the barrel nut-either buy the wrench or blow torch it first, I totally f'ed mine up trying to brute force it.

View attachment 790360
What recall are you mentioning here? Do you have a link to information on this?
Thanks

I ended up going with the CMMG Banshee 300, MKGS 9mm, great gun and fun to shoot with Glock magazines.

I even got the tuning kit that comes with 3 different weights.
Whether you want the smoothest shooting carbine possible or are looking for added reliability while shooting hotter loads or suppressors, CMMG's Action Tuning Kit gives you the added flexibility to make your CMMG perform exactly how you like it. This optional Action Tuning Kit allows you to adjust the action to your preference much like changing buffers or changing gas port settings on an adjustable gas block.

banshee.JPG

By the time you are done pimping out a Scorpion you are at the price of a B&T GHM9 which would be my recommendation in the price range you are looking at and your intended purpose. Another one to take a look at is the CMMG Banshee with its RDB system.

If you want to check out some various sub guns, start a conversation and we can work out a time to meet up since we are pretty close to one another. Don't have my scorpion anymore but have a good selection of high end sub guns.

You're speaking the gospel here. I've owned both a Scorpion and a GHM9. The former was sold many months ago. My GMH9 on the other hand never misses a trip to the range. I loved mine so much I forked out for the SD kit.

Scorpions are cool and a good value for what you get, but if you really want a Rolls Royce PCC, it's hard to beat B&T.

I have a pretty nice collection of high end PCC's (SP5, APC9 Pro, GHM9SD) and would be happy to meet you at a range as well.

What recall are you mentioning here? Do you have a link to information on this?
Thanks

"Upgrade Program For All Grand Power Stribog SP9A3 Owners

Global Ordnance and Grand Power are aware that some bolts and locking blocks used in the Stribog SP9A3 may cause excessive wear and tear in the receiver, which can impact the firearm function and lifespan. The issue affects serial numbers GSB1001 through GSB3000. As a result, Grand Power and its U.S. importer Global Ordnance LLC are issuing a general upgrade program for all Stribog models SP9A3 at no cost to customers. This program is both corrective and preventative in nature.

The program applies to the following two parts on the SP9A3 model, and does NOT impact the SP9A1:

• Bolt
  • Locking block

Please follow the steps below to determine if you need to return only your bolt and locking block for replacement or the complete gun for inspection.

If you have not experienced any issues with your A3 or are only having cycling issues, please follow the steps to return your bolt and locking block so that we can send you replacements.
- OR -
If you are experiencing bolt drag or bolt lock up in the upper receiver, or if your charging handle seems excessively difficult to operate, please follow the instructions for returning your entire A3 for inspection so that our armorers can perform all corrective action at no cost to you.

Please fill out form here and we will send call tag and get either bolt and locking block or entire firearm back for repair.

https://tinyurl.com/yye8gbg6

Approximate turnaround time for the upgrade process will be 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your A3 firearm or A3 bolt and locking block. Thank you in advance for patience and understanding.

If you have any additional questions about this process, you can contact us at
[email protected]

Sincerely,

The Global Ordnance and Grand Power Teams"

Mine falls just within the 3000 serial range, I contacted GP directly myself, as I don't like clicking on internet links, ( you shouldn't either), got an confirmation from GP on Tuesday, but no mailing tag yet.

Scorpions are cool and a good value for what you get, but if you really want a Rolls Royce PCC, it's hard to beat B&T. H&K

Fixed it for you. :s0114:

And as we all know B&T and H&K so close to each other several parts are interchangeable. Heck my B&T branded 9mm suppressor for the APC 9-SD PRO is also stamped H&K. Its an H&K SD can with a B&T lasered on logo.

Nitty Gritty Deets on how they shoot:

CZ = hard, each cycle of the bolt is very noticeable but manageable. But reliable like a well-built truck. (eats anything)
SIG = Gassy. get ready for watery eyes, especially suppressed! But low rise on recoil. (picky on ammo)
B&T = Softer cycle with the hydraulic recoil buffer. Very nice. (shoots all ammo, and the -SD model slows Super Sonic to sub!)
H&K = Gold standard for soft shooting. Roller Delayed blowback shoots like butter. (shoots all ammo)

PCCs are a blast to shoot. My assessments are from continuously owning them, shooting side by side, and just what always goes to the range. My CZ Scorp on form 1 is ALWAYs going to the range unless it's .45ACP PCC day. The B&Ts are great and I am so thankful they introduced the APC 10 PRO for a 10MM fix. But the softest shooter is the H&K's, for me at least.

Fixed it for you. :s0114:

And as we all know B&T and H&K so close to each other several parts are interchangeable. Heck my B&T branded 9mm suppressor for the APC 9-SD PRO is also stamped H&K. Its an H&K SD can with a B&T lasered on logo.

Nitty Gritty Deets on how they shoot:

CZ = hard, each cycle of the bolt is very noticeable but manageable. But reliable like a well-built truck. (eats anything)
SIG = Gassy. get ready for watery eyes, especially suppressed! But low rise on recoil. (picky on ammo)
B&T = Softer cycle with the hydraulic recoil buffer. Very nice. (shoots all ammo, and the -SD model slows Super Sonic to sub!)
H&K = Gold standard for soft shooting. Roller Delayed blowback shoots like butter. (shoots all ammo)

PCCs are a blast to shoot. My assessments are from continuously owning them, shooting side by side, and just what always goes to the range. My CZ Scorp on form 1 is ALWAYs going to the range unless it's .45ACP PCC day. The B&Ts are great and I am so thankful they introduced the APC 10 PRO for a 10MM fix. But the softest shooter is the H&K's, for me at least.

Haha I'll give you that. But if HK is a Rolls, B&T is a Jag or Bentley. I agree that nothing beats roller delayed action. I absolutely adore my SP5 and wouldn't sell it even for the ludicrous prices they're going for. It sets a high bar for PCC's.

That being said, the APC9 pro is about as close as it gets IMO. It's nearly as soft, extremely well built, runs everything, cheaper, and is actually fairly available. The GHM9 is also great, it's just a less expensive and slightly less fancy APC. I own all three and I would definitely rate them SP5>APC9>GHM9. I don't care for the MPX personally.

OP, take note of Helocat's breakdown here in regards to the different manufacturers. He's spot on. PCC's are my favorite platform by far, so regardless of what you pick, you should have a blast.

Haha I'll give you that. But if HK is a Rolls, B&T is a Jag or Bentley. I agree that nothing beats roller delayed action. I absolutely adore my SP5 and wouldn't sell it even for the ludicrous prices they're going for. It sets a high bar for PCC's.

That being said, the APC9 pro is about as close as it gets IMO. It's nearly as soft, extremely well built, runs everything, cheaper, and is actually fairly available. The GHM9 is also great, it's just a less expensive and slightly less fancy APC. I own all three and I would definitely rate them SP5>APC9>GHM9. I don't care for the MPX personally.

OP, take note of Helocat's breakdown here in regards to the different manufacturers. He's spot on. PCC's are my favorite platform by far, so regardless of what you pick, you should have a blast.

I agree with you 100%. The B&T line is way more accessible than the OG H&K line up. But honestly, the side-by-side comparison for H&K to B&T, would have to be the H&K UMP line that we officially don't get access to in the US. (I am just one stamp away from having a UMP-45 , that is really a USC to UMP Conversion by Tommybuilt Tactical. The barrel is just waiting to be bolted in once the stamp lands.) No bolt hold open on the SP5 is so old school, shoot to "click". But the B&T = bolt hold open.

The B&T APC 9PRO-SD is silky smooth and oh so quiet to shoot with that huge over the barrel (with mid ports) suppressor.

APC9-SD-SMG-Main_R2.png

I am with you on the SIG MPX. If I did not form 1 mine I probably would have sold it by now.

But anyone reading this thread the H&Ks/B&Ts are all amazing guns, but are also $2500-$3500 each. IMHO the value the CZ Scropian brings at its $850 (prob more like $1100 now) price is a great gun and even the mags are inexpensive.

Ok now I need to get a Stribog to compare the others too. Challenge accepted.

"Upgrade Program For All Grand Power Stribog SP9A3 Owners

Global Ordnance and Grand Power are aware that some bolts and locking blocks used in the Stribog SP9A3 may cause excessive wear and tear in the receiver, which can impact the firearm function and lifespan. The issue affects serial numbers GSB1001 through GSB3000. As a result, Grand Power and its U.S. importer Global Ordnance LLC are issuing a general upgrade program for all Stribog models SP9A3 at no cost to customers. This program is both corrective and preventative in nature.

The program applies to the following two parts on the SP9A3 model, and does NOT impact the SP9A1:

• Bolt
  • Locking block

Please follow the steps below to determine if you need to return only your bolt and locking block for replacement or the complete gun for inspection.

If you have not experienced any issues with your A3 or are only having cycling issues, please follow the steps to return your bolt and locking block so that we can send you replacements.
- OR -
If you are experiencing bolt drag or bolt lock up in the upper receiver, or if your charging handle seems excessively difficult to operate, please follow the instructions for returning your entire A3 for inspection so that our armorers can perform all corrective action at no cost to you.

Please fill out form here and we will send call tag and get either bolt and locking block or entire firearm back for repair.

https://tinyurl.com/yye8gbg6

Approximate turnaround time for the upgrade process will be 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your A3 firearm or A3 bolt and locking block. Thank you in advance for patience and understanding.

If you have any additional questions about this process, you can contact us at
[email protected]

Sincerely,

The Global Ordnance and Grand Power Teams"

Mine falls just within the 3000 serial range, I contacted GP directly myself, as I don't like clicking on internet links, ( you shouldn't either), got an confirmation from GP on Tuesday, but no mailing tag yet.
Thank you:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads