JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking about buying one of these and am seeking opinions. I have a few CZ handguns and love them but want a truck gun given the political climate here in the liberal mecca of Oregon.

I own both and I lean toward the CZ. CZ magazines are widely available being the first reason. Try to find a Stribog magazine at your LGS. Both CZ and MagPul make magazines for the Scorpion. Around 20 bucks a pop.
The Stribog is lighter and, IMO, has a better trigger. There have been complaints about the Stribog jamming by having a spent case fail to eject and fall into the action. That has never happened to me personally, but it's out there. I like the feel of the CZ better, and there are a host of aftermarket upgrades/gizmos for the CZ that Stribog has not generated yet. I also find the CZ magazines are more durable. I have broken the feed lips on a Stribog mag by dropping it. Stribog is supposed to be making new mags with steel lips, but I haven't found any yet, though I haven't looked very hard.
Stribog pluses are its lighter and more compact and the trigger is marginally better out of the box. It also costs less.
Negatives: Magazines are harder to find and fragile. It isn't as accurate(imo) as the EVO Scorpion
CZ pluses are better accuracy, more reliable, better aftermarket gear and plentiful and inexpensive magazines.
I think they both look cool, albeit in different ways. They are both handy, though I would lean toward the Stribog in that category.
Both are a ton of fun to shoot so I do think you'll be happy with whichever gun you choose.
Good luck with either gun.

Last Edited:
Cz micro scorpion upgrade the trigger, safety and the grip and you are good to go ! I have one and no issues whatsoever with any ammo I use both cz mags and the Magpul 35 rounders and both work flawless .

I own two pistols of each and the CZ carbine as well. The Stribogs are new purchases to me and only shot one of the two. 100 rounds fired flawlessly. I do not recall it being lighter except the recoil. As for the CZ, back before the ammo crunch I was shooting it at every range session - has 1500-1600 rounds (I happily let other shoot it) through one, the other has been shot little. Never a single problem. Love the sights!
On both, I love their looks and feel, too. As others have said, the Stribog has a better factory trigger but the CZ wins in the aftermarket support.

Good luck!

By the time you are done pimping out a Scorpion you are at the price of a B&T GHM9 which would be my recommendation in the price range you are looking at and your intended purpose. Another one to take a look at is the CMMG Banshee with its RDB system.

If you want to check out some various sub guns, start a conversation and we can work out a time to meet up since we are pretty close to one another. Don't have my scorpion anymore but have a good selection of high end sub guns.

I'm thinking about buying one of these and am seeking opinions. I have a few CZ handguns and love them but want a truck gun given the political climate here in the liberal mecca of Oregon.

Ditto, what GWS said. I absolutely love my CZ Scorpion Evo now. But, prior to an SB Tactical brace, new trigger, Romeo 5 and mag release, I hated it. I probably only have about a 1000 rounds through it, but it has ran flawlessly. A lot of fun to shoot. I would buy it again.

I'm in a pretty good way when it comes to this class of guns. I have the B&T GHM9, a PTR-9CT (MP5 clone), the Stribog A3 (the newest roller delay version) and the Scorpion.

ORHunter is right in the sense that if you are going to trick out the Scorpion and get within a few hundred of the GHM9, then get the GHM9, it is absolutely far and away my favorite of the bunch with the PTR/MP5 in second.

Grand Power has done a recall/parts replacement on the new A3's with a new roller lock pin, bolt and roller insert piece. New ones for sale should already be updated. With the fix they should be just fine but I should add I have about 1000 rounds through mine and it has been flawless. A3 Tactical is now selling a lower for the Stribog that lets it use Scorpion mags with an AR grip and AR trigger group. Some have had issues with the mags, however if you use a dry lube on the followers, again non-issue. But I'll probably grab one more because I have a ton of the Magpul Scorpion mags and the Stribog mags are a little harder to come by.

All said a properly functioning Stribog is much more pleasant to shoot than the Scorpion and feels more solid. I'll give the Scorpion credit for being reliable and accurate. But it is the least pleasant to shoot of all of them. The trigger is awful and being just a standard blowback without any recoil mitigation of the GHM9, the PTR or the Stribog, is noticeably sharper in the recoil department. Enough so that my wife who enjoys shooting the GHM9 and the Stribog, put one mag through the Scorpian and doesn't want anything to do with it again. I don't mind it but it is certainly not the first gun I reach for. Funny thing is I have another CZ the Bren 2 in 7.62x39 and it is a dream to run. I'm tempted to dump the Scorpion and put the money towards another Bren 2 and get the 5.56 version to go with the one I have.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top