JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good luck finding anyone to do anything. Trying to find a house painter for another client right now, nobody will show up for any price. Guy wanted $2,700 to re mortar my chimney cap. Half a days work. 🖕
I'll do it myself, materials are under $100
Yep, tuck and point my masonry. Starting in on my roof next week.
What more should the billionaires be doing?
Pay off all student loans. Solve global warming. Feed the hungry. :s0013:

Maybe, for some.

I know of a couple, late 20's early 30's, recently had their first child, both work full time, yet complain about being broke all the time. I suspect Lots of wasteful spending however.
Unfortunately educated on paper or not, many adult children or their parents won't cut the cord. Failure is an important lesson these people are being cheated out of. Learn real budgets, usage of time and what's really important.

The west coast is an expensive place to live in. Go somewhere less expensive until you can afford to move back or better yet, stay there. I was completely stagnant in California. Moving was a good reset and also forces you to be alone to figure it out. When you stay home your base is comparing established people while you're on the come up. You'll lose almost every time.

Before pot came a long people made and sold moonshine for a living. Pot is such a money maker my neighbor sold out across the street and bought a $500k house in Idaho to grow and sell legal pot. Sells to kali.
Isn't that like selling ice to...well, there's and old saying.

Selling pot to Cali is like selling them sun shine. They already have all they can handle.

Invest.
Learn how how to take from those that steal from everyone.
Working for someone else's dream is insanity.
I worked blue collar for decades.
Thought I would be paying my house off in retirement.
That was 6 years ago. I then studied investing for a year or so.

I started with a 500.00 cash account.
Then in one year. Paid off the house, the cars and bills.
Mrs. and I now have a ranch and two rentals in just 4 years. Debt free.

If a person is willing to work as hard at investing as they do the 9-5 it can and is done.
Easy? F^ck no. Discipline, and most smart gun owners have that.

This is not a sales pitch. I have one person my wife, who said I was too smart to be working where I was.
She then said why don't I look at investing. I never had thought about it until then.
I actually made 4500 in the first 30 days.

Never stop reaching.

Isn't that like selling ice to...well, there's and old saying.

Selling pot to Cali is like selling them sun shine. They already have all they can handle.
Neighbor had crones disease and treated the pot to make cbd oil. His own need created a business selling to the pot shops of kali. His partner sold toys on the net that went with video games and made pouches for bicycles he sewed together .

Last Edited:
Moonshine has a long and varied history in the USA. Some of the founding fathers made their own booze as it was a common practice in that time.

The real turn in moonshine came after the Civil War. South went to making moonshine as a way to feed their families and the North didn't want the southerners making money so they taxed moonshine.

Kinda funny the liberal north gives us Prohibition then buys moonshine to fill their needs. Moonshine became so profitable during Prohibition the liberals decided to stop Prohibition.

My uncle was a moonshiner that was making moonshine until he died in his 90s.
As always, follow the money. Many law makers who "claim" they are against something tax it. As soon as money is rolling in they do not want anything to get in the way of that flow of cash. This state has had this for a while on cigarettes.VERY heavy tax. So when they catch people getting around that tax they get real pissed off. One thing gov is real good at, getting addicted to more money.

As always, follow the money. Many law makers who "claim" they are against something tax it. As soon as money is rolling in they do not want anything to get in the way of that flow of cash. This state has had this for a while on cigarettes.VERY heavy tax. So when they catch people getting around that tax they get real pissed off. One thing gov is real good at, getting addicted to more money.
That's cause politicians are criminals. Left and Right.

Last Edited:
One thing that SOME PEOPLE are good at is.....

How to milk the system.

BUT, But, but....sometimes, the GOVT makes it so easy.

BUT, But, but.....it's expensive to live in Hawaii.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......Note the date of the article is from 2013. So of course, it's even more today.

Last Edited:
One thing that SOME PEOPLE are good at is.....

How to milk the system.

BUT, But, but....sometimes, the GOVT makes it so easy.

BUT, But, but.....it's expensive to live in Hawaii.

Aloha, Mark
That sadly is how votes have been bought for longer than I have been alive. HUGE groups of people teach each other how to get "free stuff" from gov. Many of them will work full time trying to not work. So of course these people vote for the party who is giving out the free money. As always it does come with a big catch. The people they vote for hose them regularly like this fire. So they will line up to vote for them again on the promise of more free money. Sadly a LOT of the people paying heavy taxes to give away that free money also keep voting for more as they complain. :s0092:

That sadly is how votes have been bought for longer than I have been alive. HUGE groups of people teach each other how to get "free stuff" from gov. Many of them will work full time trying to not work. So of course these people vote for the party who is giving out the free money. As always it does come with a big catch. The people they vote for hose them regularly like this fire. So they will line up to vote for them again on the promise of more free money. Sadly a LOT of the people paying heavy taxes to give away that free money also keep voting for more as they complain. :s0092:
Yup. And Hawaii is strongly in the Democratic camp.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR