JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty soon a $1M house will be worth less too.
Oh no way its not going to crash again. Anyone who has been around for a while has watched this play out before and can see it happening all over again. Wife just sold her parents house that was in one of the nicer parts of town. They got out from under it just in time. Prices were already starting to slip. Some of her siblings wanted to wait. I told them go ahead but the market is not going to keep going up. They all finally relented and signed off. 6 months later houses is the same area are either sitting wit no sale or having to take a MUCH lower offer. This same place 2 years ago when one went on the market it was a bidding war. None of them sold for asking, it was always far over as people bid against each other. Soon be a buyers market when a lot of short sales come up.

1693369298638.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Yeah I once dunked my arm in ice water and held it there for 20 minutes then filled out a survey on how it made me feel for $50 in a college research program... cold. Also donated blood, got MRI scans, and took experimental marijuana... heh. But I drew the line at bone marrow biopsies. 😖 #Poorstudent

Yeah I once dunked my arm in ice water and held it there for 20 minutes then filled out a survey on how it made me feel for $50 in a college research program... cold. Also donated blood, got MRI scans, and took experimental marijuana... heh. But I drew the line at bone marrow biopsies. 😖 #Poorstudent
Yep, bone marrow biopsies are, you can say "Painful"!!! I get to have annual bone marrow biopsies with my diagnosis.

Ok that's fine but….FedEx drivers make a third of that. Can a single UPS driver screw up three times as many packages as an average FedEx driver? How do we know that UPS is getting their money's worth?
Take a look at the ads on Indeed. One of the the FedEx contractors just bumped their starting wage from $16/hr to $22/hr. I've heared that's it's a pretty demanding schedule.

Oh no way its not going to crash again. Anyone who has been around for a while has watched this play out before and can see it happening all over again. Wife just sold her parents house that was in one of the nicer parts of town. They got out from under it just in time. Prices were already starting to slip. Some of her siblings wanted to wait. I told them go ahead but the market is not going to keep going up. They all finally relented and signed off. 6 months later houses is the same area are either sitting wit no sale or having to take a MUCH lower offer. This same place 2 years ago when one went on the market it was a bidding war. None of them sold for asking, it was always far over as people bid against each other. Soon be a buyers market when a lot of short sales come up.
Our home is 1,500 sqft 3/2
These were a bidding war a year ago in the upper $400's
Today there are 35 homes for you to purchase under $450 with no offers on them.

It's amazing how many adult children (some married with children) live with parents.
I do some repair work for an old client that has 30 rental homes, the last one was pretty trashed by a lady and her deadbeat son. 1,600 sqft and she was paying $1,600 monthly, we rehabbed it and it rented over night for $2,500.

One other thing on the general topic of making money is that sometimes I've had to be creative. With a chainsaw and a pickup I was able to sell firewood. With a shovel I was able to dig. I dug graves, septic tank lids and ditches. The woods are a bounty of things that can be picked and sold. The thing is that I had to be my own advocate and be willing to work hard. In this day hard work is rewarded but no one wants to do it.

Everywhere has "help wanted" or "hiring signs" out front of their businesses. I drive all day and can't count the amount of signs.

Work is out there. It may not be what you want to do (I know my job isn't my first choice) but it pays the bills.

Last Edited:
One other thing on the general topic of making money is that sometimes I've had to be creative. With a chainsaw and a pickup I was able to sell firewood. With a shovel I was able to dig. I dug graves, septic tank lids and ditches. The woods are a bounty of things that can be picked and sold. The thing is that I had to be my own advocate and be willing to work hard. In this day hard work is rewarded but no one wants to do it.
Good luck finding anyone to do anything. Trying to find a house painter for another client right now, nobody will show up for any price. Guy wanted $2,700 to re mortar my chimney cap. Half a days work. 🖕
I'll do it myself, materials are under $100

The woods used to be a good way to.make some cash.....not anymore, at least in my area. Gas prices are a killer and buyers are few and far between. I know guys that raised families off mushroom picking, buying and selling. It just can't be done anymore

I'm seeing them in their 40's - 50's with parents.
In some cases it makes sense for adult children to live with their parents, it's pure economics. Rents are so high that it's hard to save money for a house. Living with a parent gives a big jump in the ability to save money.

I was on my own at 16, going to school and working nights in a restaurant. I lived in my mom's house while she worked in Alaska. Run down shack but a roof over my head.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top