JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe, for some.

I know of a couple, late 20's early 30's, recently had their first child, both work full time, yet complain about being broke all the time. I suspect Lots of wasteful spending however.
Sadly all too often when you see people like this you find they both stop to buy coffee daily, have HUGE phone bills by having to have a phone that costs as much as a running car, are signed up for every streaming service, and on and on.

Good luck finding anyone to do anything. Trying to find a house painter for another client right now, nobody will show up for any price. Guy wanted $2,700 to re mortar my chimney cap. Half a days work. đź–•
I'll do it myself, materials are under $100
Yup. It's smart to start learning to do jobs yourself. No one wants to do hard labor anymore.

I'm 34 and own my own house and I try to do everything I can myself. Did the same thing when I lived in an apartment cause landlords are a joke and just drag their feet getting things done.

Maybe, for some.

I know of a couple, late 20's early 30's, recently had their first child, both work full time, yet complain about being broke all the time. I suspect Lots of wasteful spending however.
I know older people that moved in with their kids because they couldn't afford to live on their own.

I don't get critical of the way families try to make ends meet when we have a government working hard to destroy the family.

I personally think it's great families are getting together in bad circumstances.

Sadly all too often when you see people like this you find they both stop to buy coffee daily, have HUGE phone bills by having to have a phone that costs as much as a running car, are signed up for every streaming service, and on and on.
My phone bill went up $5 a month, paying $40 for a dam flip phone I rarely use.:mad:

The woods used to be a good way to.make some cash.....not anymore, at least in my area. Gas prices are a killer and buyers are few and far between. I know guys that raised families off mushroom picking, buying and selling. It just can't be done anymore
Right before Christmas it seems a lot of U-Hauls are out there filling up on wreath stuff and whatnot.

Before pot came a long people made and sold moonshine for a living. Pot is such a money maker my neighbor sold out across the street and bought a $500k house in Idaho to grow and sell legal pot. Sells to kali.

I know older people that moved in with their kids because they couldn't afford to live on their own.

I don't get critical of the way families try to make ends meet when we have a government working hard to destroy the family.

I personally think it's great families are getting together in bad circumstances.
My parents live in a nice house on a river, I suggested my nephew buy it and give them a life estate, free everything until they die. They did so, two of three siblings bubblegumed and moaned, they are all retired. I am still working, and parents called me first to drive them on a beach vacation in a couple of weeks.

I said OKAY but really wanted to say WHADAFUK? I have a job.

It's for my parents so I just have to block out all of the nonsense. They don't need me bubbleguming too.

My phone bill went up $5 a month, paying $40 for a day flip phone I rarely use.:mad:
When the kids moved we got rid of the land line, for LONG time we have both just used pre paid cell. Cost for each line is less than $30 a month. Last time I bought a couple phones they were a couple hundred each. The phones seem smarter than me as they are capable of more than I have ever learned to do with them. Not quite sure what the phones that cost 5 or more times as much do different. I am sure some probably do have use for the very high end phones but, suspect many people just buy one because its "cool" and don't really have any use for whatever the very high price phones do.

Yup. It's smart to start learning to do jobs yourself. No one wants to do hard labor anymore.

I'm 34 and own my own house and I try to do everything I can myself. Did the same thing when I lived in an apartment cause landlords are a joke and just drag their feet getting things done.
Wife and I had a nice place for couple decades that we rented. Guy who owned it gave us a hell of a break on the rent because I fixed everything. Only time I ever sent him a bill was a couple of larger things like when the hot water tank died. I only charged him just what I paid for the new stuff. The deal worked out great for both of us. He just collected rent never had to hire anyone to keep up the place. We got a sweetheart deal on the rent. So everyone was happy.

The woods used to be a good way to.make some cash.....not anymore, at least in my area. Gas prices are a killer and buyers are few and far between. I know guys that raised families off mushroom picking, buying and selling. It just can't be done anymore
It's been a while since I was making a living off what I could find in the woods. I still pick a hat full of Chantrelles when I find them and Elderberries when the wife wants to make syrup. And starting tomorrow Grouse become targets of opportunities for my Buckmark. There must be some money to be made still, my last 6 years of working was for the Coos Bay District of the BLM and once the rains came the woods would be chock a block full of Mushroom pickers.

Pot has been around forever.

Pot and moonshine are two entirely different concepts.
Both now being legal in most of the US we are again going through the "tax problem" that alcohol also had. There were some VERY heated battles over the tax on alcohol long ago. From what I have read its now doing the same with pot only not normally ending up with as much firefight. States that made pot legal tend to tax it so heavy that people will grow and sell illegally. So of course the states that made it legal and want that tax revenue are really pissed off. History is just repeating itself again.

Both now being legal in most of the US we are again going through the "tax problem" that alcohol also had. There were some VERY heated battles over the tax on alcohol long ago. From what I have read its now doing the same with pot only not normally ending up with as much firefight. States that made pot legal tend to tax it so heavy that people will grow and sell illegally. So of course the states that made it legal and want that tax revenue are really pissed off. History is just repeating itself again.
Moonshine has a long and varied history in the USA. Some of the founding fathers made their own booze as it was a common practice in that time.

The real turn in moonshine came after the Civil War. South went to making moonshine as a way to feed their families and the North didn't want the southerners making money so they taxed moonshine.

Kinda funny the liberal north gives us Prohibition then buys moonshine to fill their needs. Moonshine became so profitable during Prohibition the liberals decided to stop Prohibition.

My uncle was a moonshiner that was making moonshine until he died in his 90s.

Thinking back some on people making extra money. I worked construction all my life and talked to guys running their side hustle for cash. Gunshows were money makers before Oregon government got involved. If you move to another state you will find the freedom to make money.

Not sure how things pay now but pine cone pickers were common, selling the pinecone to Oregon state university.

Mushrooms were big business for years and I saw guys get paid $60 for four makitachi Mushrooms.

Some guys would buy a flatbed full of Christmas trees and drive them down to Arizona for sale in parking lots.

Some guys would commercial fish when it was profitable but the state ruined that.

Guys went into the woods to gather ferns and moss and sell it to the florist shops.

Guys would search the hills in search of deer antlers and elk antlers but the state has screwed that over too

It's going to be difficult to make money in Oregon, the best thing a young person can do is move to a capitalist state because commie states like Oregon don't want you to make money.

No local buys that I know of. I seen over 100$ for makitachi......the state has ruined everything, you need a permit to get a permit
Years ago there was 20,000 mushroom pickers in a camp near Davis lake junction. You had to have a permit and they gave you a map for your area. Guys wore guns to keeps thieves from stealing off their claim.

I was there building roads and the mushroom pickers turned every night into a drunken party. In a few days time on a good area some of the pickers made more than I did working all season.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top