JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I get done hunting and go to the Port Angeles show Saturday. My buddy comes up and says a vender has 500 rounds **OF 308*** for $200,probably more than 500.......crazy good price
So I ask if he wants to split it since we have a idaho hunt coming up,shouldn't let that deal go.I give him $100 and when we leave we grab the ammo.
'You guys remember how good of deal I gave you' or such the vendor says
I count the ammo out to split it up.Then I count it again.Hmmm
So the third time it still comes out to 412 rounds
Yes that was still a smoking deal,not the point.
I have dealt with this guy before,he's always at the Falcon shows,first table on the end of the isle (not the wall) to the right of the door.Tall gray haired, John, with guns priced like they were gold.
So I go back Sunday to have him make it good. 88 rounds or $35,right? Easy peasy to make us forgetaboutit.
Nope,"I'll buy it back from you,that was a good deal I didn't tell him it was 500"
So my friend is a lair? "Maybe he misunderstood me,I didn't say it was 500 rounds"
Well another guy I know asked me if I bought the "500 rounds" as the guy knew he sold it too cheap AND obviously told others it was "500 rounds"
I told him I didn't want to sell it back and he said he was done with it.
I did ask him if he really wanted me to stand at his table at the Kitsap show and tell everyone he's a liar
Guess I'll start counting rounds from now on

Last Edited:
Yea what caliber was that ?

And bummer, some people are just sketchy.

Not sure it would be worth the time and anger spent to stand by his table though... It may just ruin your day too for $35.

He did agree to unwind the deal, which - while not what you wanted - was a legitimate attempt to settle the dispute. He would have made you whole, and would have turned around and sold the 412 rounds for $200 to someone else it sounds like.

He did agree to unwind the deal, which - while not what you wanted - was a legitimate attempt to settle the dispute. He would have made you whole, and would have turned around and sold the 412 rounds for $200 to someone else it sounds like.
Really? I bought the ammo to keep not bring back. He told my buddy he should have sold it for $1 a round.
.60c is about right,right now for milsurp 308
BUT again,what I got 412 rounds for doesn't matter.Or what it sells for anywhere else.What matters is he should have made it right.
All he had to do is give me some other 308 he got for free with a gun.Or $35
And no,I won't bother messing with him much.Maybe if a friend is at his table

Really? I bought the ammo to keep not bring back. He told my buddy he should have sold it for $1 a round.
.60c is about right,right now for milsurp 308
BUT again,what I got 412 rounds for doesn't matter.Or what it sells for anywhere else.What matters is he should have made it right.
All he had to do is give me some other 308 he got for free with a gun.Or $35
And no,I won't bother messing with him much.Maybe if a friend is at his table

I don't know the situation - he's saying that he didn't say 500 rounds, so refunding your money seems to be reasonable.

If it was me, personally, I would have squared up with you and tossed in the other 88 rounds. I have always gone out of my way to be fair or more than fair. But, there are so many snakes out there, it doesn't surprise me that he was unwilling to do so.

I got taken by someone locally on the board that sold me some Radway Green .308 that turned out to be counterfeit - and corrosive. I mentioned it to him, and never heard from him again. I chalked it up to a lesson learned and moved on. It is still in ammo cans and will be shot when there is nothing else to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top