JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I learned a little today, from my very close friend. He's back in Junction city, and called to see how Idaho and the family are. I mentioned I had a Fisher brand wood stove. He said you know that stove I have, it's a fisher also. My buddy was good friends with Bob Fisher. He was a customer of his when he owned Springfield yamaha back in the day. Bob started the company when he first made a stove for himself. His buddy saw it, and said hey that's pretty cool, build me one. And as they say the rest was history. At a certain point in his business he decided to just provide the doors of the stove, cause it was easier to regulate the patent.
Bob showed up to the dealer one day, and throw down some money on a snowmobile. My buddy said, bob that sled is kind of on the slower end. My buddy could tell bob was a motor head, and he thought the vmax was more his style. He took the slower version home. He came back a few weeks later, and said chuck I need more speed. I got left in the dust the last trip. Chuck say bob buy this vmax. No, I will take the exciter. Ok! Two more weeks go buy, and bobs back. Bob says chuck, you better wrap up that vmax for me!

Just a little history for those Fisher stove owners out there...

Old bones love the heat of a good fire. I have a wood stove in my house and it sure feels great on those cold days. I shouldn't be talking about how good it feels, people like something and somebody will want to ban it.:D

Old bones love the heat of a good fire. I have a wood stove in my house and it sure feels great on those cold days. I shouldn't be talking about how good it feels, people like something and somebody will want to ban it.:D
Unless you like weed. Only things that are strange and bad have legs in this world.

Unless you like weed. Only things that are strange and bad have legs in this world.

Had a CDL for work most of my life and the government constantly pee test you for drugs. I missed out on the weed:D. I might try it now that I am retired and it is legal. I doubt it will give me the same feeling as a warm fire does. Nothing beats wood heat, especially in damn cold weather.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top